2017 Ford Focus ST

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
My son in Toronto got rid of his 2008 Ford Focus and bought the 2017 Ford Focus ST. I took it for a ride and I'm very impressed with the power, the ride and handling. It doesn't have that small car feeling and the turbo sure gives it some pep. It has recaro seats and plenty of leg room. The clutch is on the light side but the gearing of the standard transmission is nicely suited to the car. I was kinda shocked when he told me what he paid for it, they sure don't give these cars away.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Those are said to be pretty quick from line...I've seen a few videos, and a few on the street, but haven't got the luxury to drive one yet.

An ex coworker had a mazdaspeed 3. I have to say, for a boosted 2.3L that thing would get up and boogy!!! It pulled hard as hell, and shifting under full boost took some real driving to keep it straight!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
In my son's Focus you can turn the boost up and it's well equipped with analog gauges that are placed so you can easily read them. It even has a oil temp gauge.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I like those cars. Car and Drive criticized it saying that the ECM tuning was un-refined and transmission shift characteristics were awkward.....I haven't driven one but would consider one as a daily driver. Ford engineering and quality in my opinion is better than most. I work with these guys on a daily basis and see the effort they put into their product launches.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I never noticed anything about shifting and I drive a stick so I don't understand how someone described the shift characteristics as awkward.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
We drove a Fiesta ST and Focus ST at an Ecoboost launch event at Jerryworld a few years ago. They let us beat the crap out of them on an autocross course. I'm not a front wheel drive guy so I was giving it gas at the wrong time, but even so It was quick and a lot of fun.

My son wanted a Focus RS, but for only a little more you can buy a 1LE Camaro that will destroy it and kids don't realize driving a nice AWD car in the winter is stupid, especially if its a car you bought new, love and want to keep forever. Winter destroys cars and is what beaters are for.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Both my sons drive their new cars in the winter but I don't consider them stupid. One has the Infinity Q50S all wheel drive and my other son has the Focus which is FWD. They both know the new cars are filled with electronics which causes more issues mechanical and body corrosion but both have great jobs and can afford to get a new car every 4 or 5 years if needed. My son and his wife own a fitness center have online fitness courses if you like to join and I'll let him know to put that money away to buy a winter beater....that is my son and his wife in the picture, they don't need any models to pose...:)

http://www.junctionfitnesshub.com/

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
Before I bought my frs I took a test drive in both the focus and the fiesta and I have to say I agree with what everyone says it's an amazing quick little car and those recaros are an amazing comfy seat. I am not much of a Ford fan but I give them I big 10/10 on the st twins

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Both my sons drive their new cars in the winter but I don't consider them stupid. One has the Infinity Q50S all wheel drive and my other son has the Focus which is FWD. They both know the new cars are filled with electronics which causes more issues mechanical and body corrosion but both have great jobs and can afford to get a new car every 4 or 5 years if needed. My son and his wife own a fitness center have online fitness courses if you like to join and I'll let him know to put that money away to buy a winter beater....that is my son and his wife in the picture, they don't need any models to pose...:)

http://www.junctionfitnesshub.com/

If you don't work on them and don't plan to keep them and don't care if an idiot slides into the back of you at a light, there is nothing wrong with driving a nice car in the winter.

If it something you want to keep 10-15 years and pass on to a kid, that is something completely different. Two years of winter driving dooms a car for eternity. Be sure you DON'T keep it. Let someone else deal with the problems.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor