305 hesitation/miss-fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Accelerator pump is the easiest to check. Remove air cleaner. Open choke. Work the pump arm. Two strong streams should squirt out of the discharge ports. If it just dribbles, or not at all, there is the problem. It should squirt like a 10 beer piss.

Reactions: 2 users

mystre71

Apprentice
Apr 7, 2018
Thanks everyone. I will try all of the above. My buddy did drop off a few carbs today. Just in case. Supposed to borrow a gas PSI tester/guadge tomorrow. Like I said I'm grabbing at straws. I'll try the drop of oil on the A. pump.

Thanks again everyone!

mystre71

Apprentice
Apr 7, 2018
I pulled the valve covers checked all the springs, rockers and cranked it over to make sure everything looked/seemed to be moving like it should. I hope it's not the cam. I have no plans to put that time and money into it. I picked this thing up dirt cheap. The body shop that's going to be doing my 78 malibu wants it, my hope is to trade it for a good portion of the labor. If not, THEN I'll rebuild the 305 and restore it to original.....but we'll see. Here's a photo

Attachments

• DSCN2539 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN2539 (640x480).jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor