305(LG4) valve stem seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
What you‘ve seen is totally correct. We have strict requirements here...every 2 Years you have to make a „government tech check“ called Hauptuntersuchung. Also the classic ones...Everything! would be checked...rust holes, lights, bushings , emissions, belts, modifications, brakes, tires a.s.o...and you (hopefully) get the approval sticker for the next 2 yrs. on your license plate...if something is bad, you have to fix it in 4 weeks an show up again or pay a fine if they pull you over. When your involved in a crash without a valid sticker you‘re f****d :cautious:

If I swap in a 350/350 team i would approve it by the government. That will be okay, because the 350 was available for the Malibu in 79 with the TH350(The fact it’s not a wagon would be taken)Even, as said, no one will notice the swap, if something happens i don‘t want to loose my house or go to jail...
I wish you luck.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
this is what happens to modified cars that are from out of country while on a road trip, all the cars were seized but were given back by way of a tow truck at their expense..these guys were 300 miles from home

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F05%2F20190517-Stance-Cars-Seized.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

• Wow
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
We measure bore size or any other engine components in 0.01 millimeter (0.00039 in)
increments. So...yes we can...easily :)
When I say tooling I’m talking about the valve guide broach in 11/32 and seat cutting tools used to restore worn out parts not the instruments used for measuring said parts

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Hi Guys! Sorry for my absence! had a lot to do ... i try to answer your recommendations one by one:

1. The engine ran 120,000 miles and it doesn't surprise me that it smokes after 40 years. It was well cared as far as I know. I don‘t want to cut costs or hack something. I want do it right and ask „how“

2. Rework the guides in a workshop is really a bit disproportionate, I can get replacement heads or pulled ones even here in Germany. God bless the www!

3. I just wanted to know if there ARE any Viton/Positive valve stem seals which can be installed without any machining .By size of the stem or so. Rockauto has some of them, but i‘m confused by the bunch of variations.Just curious..,if someone knows then you guys!

4. I am also looking for an affordable engine/trans, I only have a TH200, which is certainly not a good idea to slam a 350 at it...think the 350/350 is the way to go there

5. The requirements for antique or classic cars here in Germany are quite strict, but there is no policeman / engineer who can distinguish a 350 from a 305 or even a 454. Furthermore, nobody here has any idea what belongs in this car or is original. V8 is V8 so to speak:) Experts for US cars are pretty rare here in BMW land...

I'll see how it goes on ..i hope i shed some light on my idea!

I thank you all VERY MUCH for your help and support !!!
Your best to pull the covers off and dig in to see what you are up against then go from there
Send lots of pictures and keep us all posted over here in the U.S
Thanks for saving a g body abroad

malibu79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
I really appreciate your support and interest! Soon there will also be a thread for my main inspection and related work ...i won‘t let the G-Buddy down! I promise..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor