350 crate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jweezy2099

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2008
Auburn, AL
www.myspace.com
What is a good price for a 350 crate engine. I really want to upgrade, but i have no idea how much i should spend. i def dont want to get swindled.

There are many choices. You can spend as low as $2K all the way up to $10K. It depends on what you are looking for and can afford. GM sells some nice crate motors that are very reasonable. Several of the car mags have done articles that list all of the different crate motors, I would find one of those to read. It will give you a good idea of what is available. Also check out Summit, Jegs and GMPP catalogs. Any of those will sell parts that are of a good quality.

Personally I think the GMPP engines are reasonable. Even their low end models are are going to a huge improvement over your 307. I think you can get a 250hp 350 for $2,000 - $2,500, maybe even less. You can always up grade the cam if you want a little more.

I just put the ZZ4 350 crate motor in my 84 cutlass and it runs great. I dont have 1 bad thing to say about it. It started right up and runs strong. I am still breakin it in but if feels like it has alot of power. price was reasonable i bought it from dealer online, got it in 2 days. I bought the ready to run version with everything from air cleaner to starter.

we got one that has like 260 or something from GM for only 1200 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor