350 engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
X2! Maybe somebody has a list of good Olds builders like Rocket Racing & BTR that he could call and get their scoop on a core and a build with power numbers and warranty etc.

cullencombs said:
GhettoRacingKid said:
i agree with pulling a motor.

if you are going new. get something better. blueprint motors that sells threw jegs and summit has some 400+ ho motors pretty cheap.
Blueprint, really? I went that route once. :blam:
this ^^
Don't ever get a blueprint crate motor. Horror stories. They don't stand behind their work. Also, shoddy work and short cuts taken by them. Then, not if but WHEN your motor starts ticking or knocking, they stop returning your calls and emails. If they had the decency to stand behind their work and so called warrantee, I wouldn't be writing this. But such is not the case. Stay away from Blueprint.

If I was in New York area East coast I would go with BTR in California West Coast I would go with Dave Smith. You should go to Real Olds Power and look up the engine build section,then do a back ground search on reviews of any shop that you might want to use.There are at least three Olds Venders that I will not buy from.You can buy all the parts and take it to a local machine shop that has a good rep as well. I would build a mild 350 pre 1976 block solid main web engine.I would shoot for a true 9 to 1 com ratio.The Olds engine likes basic mods intake e brook rmp.headers,big valves in the factory head,dual patern cam more exhaust dur than intake. I would stay with a .500 max lift cam. Mild port and polish, 373 gears in the rear 2004r trans built for your new power level. Car would run in the 13's if you build and set it up right.I would buy my cam and lifters from a olds vender. You need a budget for your build take your time and do your home work,there are good shops out there you just have to take your time and find one.
Good luck. Fast engine parts seams to have good price on engine parts I have not used them maybe some else has? Summit and jegs also have good pricing on parts. You could also buy a new book on engine building buy Olds engine builder BTR.He also has a web page and a you tube video of him building a DX.

Just remember do your home work.

Burnhard said:
There are at least three Olds Venders that I will not buy from.

Just out of curiousity, besides Mondello, which any Olds guy would agree has a $hit operation, who are your other two?

There are a couple I won't do business with as well; one because he did crap work for me in the past and ignores emails/calls to him, and at least one other who just seems like a jerk on ROP.

DoubleV said:
Just out of curiousity, besides Mondello, which any Olds guy would agree has a $hit operation, who are your other two?

There are a couple I won't do business with as well; one because he did crap work for me in the past and ignores emails/calls to him, and at least one other who just seems like a jerk on ROP.

I'd bet one starts with "F" and the other "O" lol

my uncle got an olds 350 for $300 imma work on getting that

Rocket said:
DoubleV said:

:rofl:

Rocket said:
DoubleV said:

I forgot all about "F"! I didn't even know he were still in buisiness.

Yeah, "O" is the jackweed I was refering to.

The guy who did crap work for me in the past, ( but made it up to me by helping me with something which I kinda 'forced' him to do because I think he owed me one ), told me he could get a particular product for me then decided to ignore all of my emails, phone calls, and PM's about actually getting said product is "M" who commonly goes by "S". What an "A" hole!

My '83 307 powered Cutlass wagon had a 350C behind it, I thought the 200 only went behind the 231 v6.

As has been said, I don't think a 200 will live long behind a 350, as you want the car for a DD perhaps now might be a good time to put in a 200r4, bear in mind the final drive ratio might be a bit tall for it though.

Roger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor