Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Greasemonkey
Oct 18, 2011
Reserve Mines, NS
DoubleV said:
Rocket said:
DoubleV said:
Just out of curiousity, besides Mondello, which any Olds guy would agree has a $hit operation, who are your other two?

There are a couple I won't do business with as well; one because he did crap work for me in the past and ignores emails/calls to him, and at least one other who just seems like a jerk on ROP.

I'd bet one starts with "F" and the other "O" lol

I forgot all about "F"! I didn't even know he were still in buisiness.

The guy who did crap work for me in the past, ( but made it up to me by helping me with something which I kinda 'forced' him to do because I think he owed me one ), told me he could get a particular product for me then decided to ignore all of my emails, phone calls, and PM's about actually getting said product is "M" who commonly goes by "S". What an "A" hole!

Not sure if the "F" is still in business either...kinda surprised by the "M" tho, always thought he was supposed to be pretty good...i've never had any dealings with him tho

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I've had plenty of dealings with 'M' (not Mondello) and he's a great guy.

However I do believe he's been going through some things this past summer that's thrown him for a loop.

Rocket

Greasemonkey
Oct 18, 2011
Reserve Mines, NS
FE3X CLONE said:

However I do believe he's been going through some things this past summer that's thrown him for a loop.

That's the impression i've got by reading posts on various other forums

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
For me it is like not buying off shore parts or for that matter anything off shore. I just don't get it buy the time they have fixed there off shore heads they could have had a product made in the states and helped some one out. Yes they may have saved a few dollars but a what cost? Same goes for shops that over charge, don't stand behind there work,or talk down to people.I learned in the 80's that some shops were more talk than anything,and that chrome did not make my car faster.I like shops that do not try to up sell you or tell you that your engine will blow up because they dd not build it.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
FE3X CLONE said:

I've always thought he was a very nice guy and pretty easy to deal with, but if you would've seen the carb he did for me years ago, you'd have to seriously question the effort he puts into doing the work he is paid to do and I've had a at least 3 PM's on the other boards with others who've had similar dealings with him as well. That's not good.

For me the last straw ( and I was already very close to begin with ) was when he made a post about something fairly recently about offering a product of some sort and I posted something to the effect of what was the point in offering a product if he doesn't bother getting back to the customers trying to contact him about buying it, and he made another post on that thread ( answering another posters specific question I think ) and completely ignoring what I posted. I'm thinking 'oh so I'm still invisible to you huh?'. Very unproffessional.

Considering I let bygones be bygones about the whole carb thing since he at least and made up for it, I was still willing to give him my buisiness with multiple other things, but he has failed to get back to me almost every single time I tried contacting him ( phone, email, PM's ). The only time I've ever been able to contact him in the past would be on a fluke phone call at some random time, in which I would finally be able to discuss with him the things I wanted him to do, then I wouldn't hear from him again about it even though he would always say he would get back with me. He may be a good engine builder, but he's a horrible buisiness man.

Sorry for sounding like I'm ranting about this, but it truely did/does pi$$ me off. Because of him I ended up waiting at least 3 months before finally getting my headers ( which I didn't get through him ). Because of that I never got the chance to test them out at the track this year and now have to wait untill next year. Thanks alot "S". :roll:

Sorry for the threadjack!

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
we thinking rebuild 307 with bored 30 over with light cam and holley 600 carb :D

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
We thinking you will be sorely disappointed with that 30 over light cammed holley 600 carbed 307. You will spend the same or more money and do the same or more work as picking up a 350/403 core engine including the core cost and doing it. Only your result will likely still be an engine that is at least as turtle slow as the one you have had and with the holley carb it won't run or drive as nice as yours did and it will slobber away more fuel. Really you will likely be very disappointed with the results of your labors and the spending of your hard earned dollars. :cry: The 307 was a good reliable motor but is not a good bang for the buck with respects to a rebuild compared to picking up a sbo 350/403 and doing at worst the same work and money because you are talking about rods and pistons for your 307. The core motor that you pick may very well not need pistons and rods.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
We be agree wif dogshit.

I'm all for doing some hop ups on a 307 to get it a little more respectable, but I would draw the line at a full on rebuild. Not worth what the end result would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor