Effective Dome Volume: -0
Use (-) for Dome and (+) for Dish.

Deck Clearance: 0
Compressed Gasket Thickness: 0.038
Number of Cylinders: 8
Compression Ratio : 9.27 : 1
Total Displacement (in.3) : 355.79
Total Displacement cc's : 5832.62

I have no idea if that's right but i researched for all the stroke and deck numbers.

Unless you're planning on 0 decking the block, your pistons will be sitting further down. Also, the Probe pistons have -3cc for valve reliefs. I don't think the Speed Pro ones are a true flat top either.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
DoubleV said:
TeezySupreme said:
I re did it and got 9:27

Bore: (diameter) 4.087
Stroke: 86 mm
Cylinder Head Volume: 80

Effective Dome Volume: -0
Use (-) for Dome and (+) for Dish.

Deck Clearance: 0
Compressed Gasket Thickness: 0.038
Number of Cylinders: 8
Compression Ratio : 9.27 : 1
Total Displacement (in.3) : 355.79
Total Displacement cc's : 5832.62

I have no idea if that's right but i researched for all the stroke and deck numbers.

Unless you're planning on 0 decking the block, your pistons will be sitting further down. Also, the Probe pistons have -3cc for valve reliefs. I don't think the Speed Pro ones are a true flat top either.

These number's was for the speedpro

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
0 decking with #8 heads especially is a good idea. The Probe's will give similar numbers undecked due to a slightly taller compression height. Either set will give you a big boost power wise, with the right cam. Don't forget to throw the stock manifolds as far as you can, restrictive.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
olds307 and 403 said:
0 decking with #8 heads especially is a good idea. The Probe's will give similar numbers undecked due to a slightly taller compression height. Either set will give you a big boost power wise, with the right cam. Don't forget to throw the stock manifolds as far as you can, restrictive.

Lol, I was looking at hedman headers until i can afford the hooker headers.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Get the Hedman elite headers. Thick 3/8" flanges, thicker tubes and ceramic coated. You will want a mini starter with them, supposedly very tight to the big starter.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
olds307 and 403 said:
Get the Hedman elite headers. Thick 3/8" flanges, thicker tubes and ceramic coated. You will want a mini starter with them, supposedly very tight to the big starter.

Well I bought the 200$ hedman's and the 200$ mini starter which Doesn't fit , I've clocked the starter so it wouldn't hit the block/pan then had to hammer the first tube for clearance. It looks like sh*t but it should fit now and it's still really close, I will be using a heat shield wrap so hopefully it won't get heat soaked too bad.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I ground on my mini starter to get the position I wanted on my 4x4. What brand starter? Another member had the same issues. My Sanderson's had ample clearance, even with the full size starter. Summit mini starter has tons of clearance with my Sanderson's .

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Mine was the summit brand mini and the basic hedman's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor