Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Lue said:
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Well, wile doing my reserching on one of the f-body forums. Someone mentioned that if you meassure from the middle of the bar to the end. It should meassure 36mm.I'll post a link to the thread

The 36mm refers to its diameter. Easiest way to tell if you don't have a set of vernier calipers is to take a crescent wrench, adjust it down to fit over the bar then measure the jaws of the wrench with a ruler.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
In the very last pic, you see the little hole. That means it's a hollow bar. IIFC, only the 34mm and 36mm were hollow.

34mm = 1.36" close to 1 3/8" (1.375")
36mm = 1.44" close to 1 7/16" (1.4375)

Use an adjustable wrench and adj so it slips over the outer dia of bar and measure.

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
So i went back to the wrecking yard, and took off the rest of the brackets. As i was taking them off, i was thinking of how the heck am i going to get these on the Bu, or even if i can. So I wondered around test fitting them on verious G-bodies. After so many tries, i gave up and left them behind. Dont get me wrong, i hid them just in case lol...

Just as i was leaving, they where puting out this 79 pontic phoenix that looked cool..

Here are a few pics

IMG01531.jpg

IMG01533.jpg

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Some people have to use a fat washer between the 36mm & the frame but regardless it should fit. I know I didn't have any trouble when I mounted mine except that I had to use an angled oil pump from a Cadillac 425 on my Cadillac 500 but that is an engine specific fit challenge not a frame issue. The bar was lighter and stiffer than my f-41 suspension package bar for a win win situation. It is not overkill stiff either.

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
I'll have to check My car . Its been year since I did anything but oil change . But when I replaced bushings last I had to order the sway bar ones as al they had were to small . And the brackets look familiar

Whats the COde??

mbartell

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 30, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
The extra brace form the F-body won't just bolt on. You could drill weld or whatever to make it work, if you really really wanted to. I used the f-body bushings in the g-body brackets and just tightened it down. easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor