374 Olds 350 stroker build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes, new Edelbrock heads are going on, getting them through Mr. Remmel. I am letting Mark pick the compression ratio and roller cam. As long as it runs on 91 is the main concern, I'm sure it will exceed my expectations. I have dealt with Mr Remmel for over 10 years, very good to deal with.

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Talked to Parkland Engine Builder's, still wicked busy. Hopefully they will have the block ready by the end of next week. Then I can order the custom pistons, pins, rings along with rod and main bearings from Cutlassefi.

Meanwhile ol' motorhead is picking up a fresh LS...

Season 2 Episode 10 GIF by ABC Network

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Still waiting on the block to be done at the machine shop FYI. I called them a week or so ago, still swamped. They were hoping it get it finished last Friday, I still have not received a call.

Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
  • Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I still haven't heard from the machine shop, it has been 2 months. I will call them next week. It sounds like the new Edelbrock heads won't be ready till July, thanks to their move. It does sound like Cutlassefi will be testing my Sanderson shorties on a W30 motor that looks stock but is running a roller cam.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I contacted the machine shop, still not done, they are hoping they can get it done in the next couple of weeks. I told them if the block won't clean up at 4.065", go to 4.070" or 4.080" due to available ring sets. Only has been 2 months, they are still busy.

• Sad

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I contacted the machine shop, still not done, they are hoping they can get it done in the next couple of weeks. I told them if the block won't clean up at 4.065", go to 4.070" or 4.080" due to available ring sets. Only has been 2 months, they are still busy.
Bummer, but it's what I had originally expected when I dropped off my block ( 2-3 months ). I got lucky, because I had all my parts ready to go, while other people in front of me did not. Don't be afraid to just show up unannounced. I did it... with donuts :banana: I'm serious. The owner was eating them before I could get out of the office and into the shop.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The guy was surprised how nice I was about it. Frustrating but realistically, this motor won't be done till Fall. There will be the wait on the custom 4032 Mahle 1mm ring pack forged pistons. Hopefully main bearings will be available as well, they were on back order. The main reason is the new Edelbrock heads won't probably be available till July, thanks to their move.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
If I go that route, it will be a Hemi in a new Challenger. There was a nice 2018 SRT locally, diddly squat for miles at the dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor