Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I only use cloyes chains in my engines. Ran the billet race roller sets in my 548 and 565. Even saved one of the take out chains to go in my street car.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Care to elaborate??
Mark said, there is something off with there recent pumps. Multiple pumps feel notchy, they should be nice and smooth.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
My Daughter dropped off the ring set and rod bearings. Now the Mahle pistons now attached to the Molnar rods and the 330 forged crank is heading to the other shop for internal balancing.

Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
So the saga continues, the machine shop called and gave me the number of the balancing shop. He said, they could not internally balance my crankshaft. I called the guy, he said they didn't have the capability to add Mallory weights, WYF? Really, this is the shop you sent my crank to for internal balancing! I told him, weigh my pistons and rods, they are about 600 grams each. This 330 crank was supposedly balanced with heavy 18cc dish Speedpro forged pistons on heavy stock rods. I told him to please check first, if anything, weight should need removed from the counter weights. He was going to check, I left Wayne my number🤔.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
So the saga continues, the machine shop called and gave me the number of the balancing shop. He said, they could not internally balance my crankshaft. I called the guy, he said they didn't have the capability to add Mallory weights, WYF? Really, this is the shop you sent my crank to for internal balancing! I told him, weigh my pistons and rods, they are about 600 grams each. This 330 crank was supposedly balanced with heavy 18cc dish Speedpro forged pistons on heavy stock rods. I told him to please check first, if anything, weight should need removed from the counter weights. He was going to check, I left Wayne my number🤔.
Weight should only need to be removed for externally balancing. If it is internally balanced, all of that offset outside the engine STILL needs to get INTO the counterweights. So granted your pistons and rods are a little lighter, it may still not be enough to meet the external weights.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It should be 600 grams lighter.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Actually the pistons and tods are 400+ grams lighter. I will talk to them at the end of the week and see what they found.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Good question, the counter weights aren't super heavy according to Mark Remmel. Not sure how to accurately weigh one, I have another 330 crank, I could try to weigh. Like I said it was supposedly balanced for much heavier pistons and rods. I think the Speedpro forged are even heavier than stock pistons. But if it was externally balanced, that doesn't mean squat. I will call them this afternoon and see what they found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor