3800 Super&Turbo Charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Zach, you should be able to get a BCM out of a junkyard if you can find a car that has both. The computer just needs the fuel enable signal. Our boy, TURNA, threatened to tell me how to do it without the BCM, but dissed me like a 2 bit, transvestite hooker.

*fun fact: tr4nny gets automatically corrected to transmission by the site

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Zach, you should be able to get a BCM out of a junkyard if you can find a car that has both. The computer just needs the fuel enable signal. Our boy, TURNA, threatened to tell me how to do it without the BCM, but dissed me like a 2 bit, transmission hooker.
I have the BCM, just not the keys.

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
There are only a few possible resistors. You can buy a while kit and do process of elimination. So your odds are like 16% the first try but they go up pretty fast from there. Probability is that you will get it on the 4th try. That's if you have to brute force it and don't just get the VATS blown away by an aftermarket tune. If you have a friend with a good scanner, maybe a Solus, they can just read it but that somehow seems like cheating

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
If I have the coin when I get to this? I would like to use a Holley ECU. That would be all around better deal with tuning a turbo I think?

• Agree

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
I think a super charger in a pig would make a good daily driver. I am curious how the blower and turbo performs? I know by doing that you can run a much larger turbo, but with the modern turbos we have now I think it is kind of a lot of work for not much return. I am sure Bison could come up with a single turbo that would perform better.
The stock eaton s/c would be a bottle neck. A properly sized ball bearing billet wheel turbo would outperform the setup in the original post in all aspects.

Last edited:

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
The stock eaton s/c would be a bottle neck. A properly sized ball bearing billet wheel turbo would outperform the setup in the original post in all aspects.
I agree and was trying to say that. I think a blower engine in a G Body daily driver would be a good option. ( like the Pig)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor