3xbrowncutty's Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
getting the vw worked on monday, hoping for a nice week because i'll be driving the olds unfortunately. When i get the vw back i plan on putting the cutlass in storage.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
All went well for the end of the year. Put her in storage last week. Still gotta go out and do a few things. Didnt have time to wash her down good, so i'll go out there and do that and take my other junk tires and wheels to throw on. Also gotta take some cardboard to put down on the tile floor so it doesnt get any oil drips or anything on it. gotta cover her up too.

And the winter plans start brewing. Thinking top end, not sure what heads yet, have a set of 4's and 403 valves i could get done up if funds allow. Or i have a line on a set of 7's i could get freshened up. I have a performer rpm ready. then roller rockers, cam and lifters.

phone pics.
storage.jpg

storage2.jpg

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
This past Sunday i stopped by a coworkers house to pick up some parts. Got a set of #7 heads, front cover, oil pan, and used .030 over pistons. All for the price of....... Nothing!!! He was just going to junk the stuff anyway, so i asked if i could have them. Theres a very reputable machine shop right down the road from me, and the owner happened to be there when i drove by. Sooo, I dropped off the heads. I'm gonna have the valves re-seated, get full roller rockers put on, and i'm going to have him give me some pointers on porting them. Maybe weld the exhaust divider too. He said they need decked because of rust, so i'll have to order new pushrods too. I'll probably end up gasket matching them as well.

I'll run these for the upcoming year, and i'll be saving up to get my # 4's done with big valve. When i put those on i'll do a cam too 8) thats somewhere down the road though.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Re: 3xbrowncutty's Build (Winter update!)

change of plans! Getting the 4's done, big valves, comp roller tip kit, port match to intake, cam and valvesprings. Hit our 6 week goal 2 times in a row and got a nice bonus from all the hard work 8) figured id treat myself a little.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Re: 3xbrowncutty's Build... 3/2, Apart!!

Alright, an update with some pictures finally!! :friday:

Decided to get the cutlass out of storage last weekend, because i want to pull the motor to do the head swap/cam and i can fix my leaking oil pan gasket while i'm at it. Get it all done right! Drove it home last weekend no problem and just tore it apart today (3/2)... Pulled it in the garage, and its ready to be pulled after 3 hours. Definitely feel confident working on this car. 8) Last time i had the trans out in 45 min. Anywho, I'm going to borrow a friends hoist tomorrow, and i'll throw the motor on the stand. The car goes back outside so Mom can park in the garage :roll:

101_1242.jpg

101_1251.jpg

101_1250.jpg

101_1249.jpg

Headers definitely need help, I'll probably just end up blasting them again and high temp paint. I have some wrap, but not sure if i want to use it, since i drive the car in the rain. Have a feeling the wrap holding water will make them rust quicker...

I also took my dented rear bumper off. I'll put the nice one on tomorrow. The bumper cover is all bodyworked and primered, just need to buy/mix some paint at work and spray it sometime.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA

Pulled the heads tonight and found out that my block is .060 over. I was told it was .030 over when i got it.
Sorry for the crappy pics.

Gasser :p
IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0728-1.jpg

IMG_0732-1.jpg

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA

Thats good to hear!I cant wait to get mine together 8) Making a trip to summit this weekend for cam/lifters and roller rockers, then assembly begins

Heres some pics:
IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

2" intake and slightly oversized exhaust valves, some port work, port matched to the intake. New bronze guides, double sprung springs, good to 600 lift (should be plenty lol) He cc'd them at 64.

The pistons were freebies from a coworker who tore apart his 350 when he heard a knock. They are trw .030 oevr flattops. I might clean them up and save them for later. My compression with the new heads will be 10:1. This is the cam i will be running, it will work with my 2k stall converter hopefully.
http://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=1704&gid=277

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York

Heads look great! Your 2k stall might be a little tight for that cam but it should work out. The duration @ .050 on my cam is 230/230 and I have a 2400-2800 stall in my trans.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009

That's a badass looking cam. Just the right amount of duration, plenty of lift especially with some 1.6 rockers, and a tight LSA to give it a little more overlap. I think you'll like it. I would also say the 2k stall may be a bit small but for the street it will probably be alright. Engine looks pretty darn clean inside and those heads should give you a nice increase in power.

Lookin good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor