442 vin and title value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i think part of the problem here is people dont realize how RARE a 442, right now its just another cutlass to most people, it 20-30 years it is going to be similar to owning soemthing like a 68 camaro ss, dont get me wrong it likely will never get to that level but they are going to be highly sought out and it makes me sick that there are fewer and fewer everyday. not to mention they are swapping vins to brand new chineese made camaro bodies all the time and passing them off as original. i talked to several people i personally know in the street rod and custom world and they all pretty much agreed that it is a standard practice to swap vins if needed in LEGIT situations such as swapping out a rotted shell. the rivits to do so are even sold online. this has been brought up on dozens of forums if you start searching, you get allot of people talking trash saying it is against the law, well taking your g body out and seeing what the motor can do and exceed the speed limit is against the law, copying cds and dvds, down loading music, writing the bill of sale on a used car for less then paid, removing the cats on your exhaust, as mentined before swapping out gauge clusters unless exact milage is corrected on it... just a few examples of stuff done everyday and all against the law and several are federal felonies yet i am willing to bet during this post some one reading it was burning a cd with downloaded music. it doesnt even matter at this point, someone else paid far more then i was willing to pay to get it and that person if used in the correct manor will have a piece of olds history. the laws on vin tampering was created to stop thiefs from stealing top end cars not people restoring cars

my question was the value of it, pretty much what i have determined whether you all agree on it or not its worth about 500 bucks since thats what someone else was willing to pay for a entirely rotted shell with the vin on it.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
sh*t if you want a 442 title and vin that bad i will sell you the one i have for $200. Its going to the crusher also car is junk.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I have titles that my dad had from a couple of Galaxie 500's and some Mustang's from the 60's ... Where can I sell these :mrgreen:

Mikes83ss

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2011
las vegas,nevada
zuma83 said:
:rofl:
Fader said:
Did anyone read the ORIGINAL post? I can't imagine any crime is taking place until you would attempt to put the VIN Plate into a different car…Is it illegal to scrap a car & save the firewall//dash/vin plate?? I would save it & the Title in a heartbeat…EVERYTIME…especially if it were a rare colectable car…Id save an 80s 442 vin & title EVEN if its only value was as a piece of memorabilia… remind me not to start a thread about running G.Bodies without Catalytic converters…Im sure someone would shed a tear…
:rofl: :rofl: :mrgreen: dude u rock

I've got no cats on my 83 monte ss.Its true duels with flowmasters.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
chevy2480 said:
sh*t if you want a 442 title and vin that bad i will sell you the one i have for $200. Its going to the crusher also car is junk.

its not that i really want or need it, the opportunity had been there and i thought if i could get it for 50 bucks it would be something that could be valuable in the future.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i love how i get hammered and now there is one for sale for 200 and the one i knew of is gone for 500 lol. seems to me that there is value in them afterall!

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
Mikes83ss said:
zuma83 said:
:rofl:
Fader said:
Did anyone read the ORIGINAL post? I can't imagine any crime is taking place until you would attempt to put the VIN Plate into a different car…Is it illegal to scrap a car & save the firewall//dash/vin plate?? I would save it & the Title in a heartbeat…EVERYTIME…especially if it were a rare colectable car…Id save an 80s 442 vin & title EVEN if its only value was as a piece of memorabilia… remind me not to start a thread about running G.Bodies without Catalytic converters…Im sure someone would shed a tear…
:rofl: :rofl: :mrgreen: dude u rock

I've got no cats on my 83 monte ss.Its true duels with flowmasters.

im calling the feds! LOL

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
regalman4925 said:
i love how i get hammered and now there is one for sale for 200 and the one i knew of is gone for 500 lol. seems to me that there is value in them afterall!
I was jokeing my title And vin will be in possetion of the scrap yard come saturdAy i would have nothing to do with removing it.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
chevy2480 said:

hmmm a joke? sounded like a offer to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor