442 with a new heartbeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerry Daily of Jerry's Auto Body my dad and myself Jerry had me do a bunch of the work then let me use his shop for a month I take care of all of his electrical problems at his shop and house and when he needs help in the shop I lend him a hand. Learned a lot from Jerry saved me all kinds of money and showed me the right way of fixing dents, can't wait to start another project unfortunately since my kids are in sports and cheer it doesn't leave much time for another car but if the 67 442 becomes available I'm buying it.

It turned out good. Ive got more mechanical work to do but i want to have it repainted and have the 442put back on. The clear coat is faded in the roof and looks like
crap.

Attachments

• IMG_20111214_165605.jpg
    IMG_20111214_165605.jpg
    590 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_20111208_180852.jpg
    IMG_20111208_180852.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 272
Update.... so after about a week with the new motor it devloped a clatter not quite a knock. So i pulled the dipstick out and it was missing 3-4 in of the dip stick!!! So i drained the oil and it was nothing but metal in the oil. So ive re pulled the motor and going to pull it apart tonight to how bad it hurt it. Im hoping i cought it beford it did any real damage. This blows :evil:

Sorry about your luck after all the work that was done.Hopefully it is a lifter or something not to costly. Good luck.

Just pulled it apart. Rod and main bearings are destroid. Crank is screwed to. I found out why i lost oil pressure though there is a small plug in the pump housing and it blew out and was in my oil pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor