454 bbc worth it or waist of time honest opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jus like everyone else says thanks for this much needed info im going to consider it :mrgreen:

So instead of starting a new thread I thought id just wake this one up lol since its still on the same topic so I found a mark4 454 and im probally gona go with that on the wagon and stick the tbi in a elco this summer but my questions were has anyone had any prior expeirence or knowledge with using a 396 crank in a 454 block for a 427 from what I gathered so far is that this would make for high winding bbc correct me if im wrong thats just what I read on some other forums and im still deciding wich way to go

Why would you want it to spin harder to make the same horsepower and less torque? Especially in a heavier street car application where it is more street friendly and more enjoyable to keep the torque in the rpm range that you drive.

Its not something I decided on its just something I read and thought was intresting so y do people build that instead of keeping a 454 with a matching crank

Ok after all of the differnt options ive been going through I think I like the vortec 454 Its a 96 I like the way it looks nice and clean fuel injection better on gas reliable and wake it up a lil with a cam and tune it will equall for a decent driver any one seen a 454 vortec swap

I installed a 2000 Vortec 454 in a 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Very similar to an LT1 swap. In stock form they have a ton of torque, but not exactly a screamer. They are truck engines in that era, made for towing mostly. I am sure you could warm one over, they are just nice in stock form. I also own a 98' in my tow rig, flawless sweet motor.

Yea I really like the 8.1l vortecs in the 2000 but I havnt came across one actually a while back I read up on a 80 cutlass wagon witb a 8.1 and 5 speed ill try to find the link

Post that link if you find it 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor