484 inches of Pontiac has a new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Needed a break from working on Pontiacs between my 80 GP and my friends 71 GTO.

So I helped my best man swing his motor in today for something different, NOT!
TA.jpg
TA 1.jpg
TA 2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Hah that's funny. I guessing thats a drag car with that V. Jr. Style intake. Those Pontiac engines are no joke either.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
One thing I don't miss is installing headers on a Pontiac engine.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
That's a Victor.

It's an old Philly street racer.

If you do Pontiac headers enough you get a system down and its not so bad.

On the plus side spark plugs are really easy!

Hoping for some single digits runs but may fall short since it was a nitrous car, not geared for NA.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Are you kidding? The main reason I became a Pontiac guy was because the spark plugs were so easy to get at. Then I learned why torque rules on the street and I never looked back. What year is that TA? I really love those early years.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Are you kidding? The main reason I became a Pontiac guy was because the spark plugs were so easy to get at. Then I learned why torque rules on the street and I never looked back. What year is that TA? I really love those early years.
If you mean my header comment, then yes I was kidding I would love to build a stroker Pontiac but I would want something aftermarket like a Butler Performance block and it would have to be in an A body like the 73' Grand Am I used to have.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I had one of those, a 1971 Formula 400. I lost it on a dirt road, put it into the ditch, over the farmers fence and clipped a hydro pole still 6 feet off the ground....those were fun days but the car was done. If I could have that car back now I'd be real happy.

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
Don't like the improvised transmission holding device, huh?

The car is a true 70 1/2 TA, originally a RA 3 , 4 speed car.

The block is an IA block, Kauffman Hi ports, Victor,Dominator, 700 lift roller and around 14:1 compression.

Should peak at 725-750ish HP and 600 ft # torque everywhere.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Don't like the improvised transmission holding device, huh?

I must have give the wrong impression. I think it's a great way of holding it up Unlike the common 2x4 sitting across the fenders with a rope tied to the transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor