4L80e transmission swap need info...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
454muscle said:
nycutlass said:
i heard they dont make a floor shifter that would work for the 4l80e because of the odd throw it has
I use the B&M Megashifter with mine and it works just fine ;)
really and it works fine ,when i called b&m they told me it wouldnt work with it .do you have a model# of the one u used ?

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010
megaladon6 said:
nice job and nice write up! any chance you know the weight of that beast?

Thanks, and no I don't know the weight, but it is 75# more than the 4L60E. Not the worst tradeoff for bulletproof reliability.

I have a paddle shifter (The Shrifter by Twist Machine) waiting to install. That should be a lot of fun too, because I like to road race and autoX and you really need the control then.

Jim

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
i agree well worth the xtra weight if you want to drive hard and want overdrive
DeltaT said:
megaladon6 said:
nice job and nice write up! any chance you know the weight of that beast?

Thanks, and no I don't know the weight, but it is 75# more than the 4L60E. Not the worst tradeoff for bulletproof reliability.

I have a paddle shifter (The Shrifter by Twist Machine) waiting to install. That should be a lot of fun too, because I like to road race and autoX and you really need the control then.

Jim

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
nycutlass said:
454muscle said:
nycutlass said:
i heard they dont make a floor shifter that would work for the 4l80e because of the odd throw it has
I use the B&M Megashifter with mine and it works just fine ;)
really and it works fine ,when i called b&m they told me it wouldnt work with it .do you have a model# of the one u used ?
Yep, it works fine. It's the same one, the Megashifter, you see at Jegs or Summit or anywhere else. Also, B&M told us it WOULD work, so I dunno what's up with that. Hey, mine works perfect, that's all I can say.
megashifter.jpg

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
sounds good to me ,ill look for a OD megashifter then

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
nycutlass said:
By the way, where'd you get your 4L80E from? Mine was built by TCI as a crate. I suggest you contact them and ask THEM about it's usage with the 4 speed Megashifter, just to make sure before you buy.
TCI are the ones who told me the Megashifter will work actually. In fact they now have clones of the popular aftermarket shifters.
Also see
http://www.tciauto.com/Products/TC-'Rac ... rs'-0.aspx
http://www.jegs.com/p/TCI/TCI-StreetFig ... 3/10002/-1

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
mine is out of a 92 2WD gmc im going to rebuild it myself...i have already rebuilt my own th400 so this shouldnt be to bad .ill call tci and make sure they didnt do some mod on the linkage part to make the megashift work
454muscle said:
nycutlass said:
By the way, where'd you get your 4L80E from? Mine was built by TCI as a crate. I suggest you contact them and ask THEM about it's usage with the 4 speed Megashifter, just to make sure before you buy.
TCI are the ones who told me the Megashifter will work actually. In fact they now have clones of the popular aftermarket shifters.
Also see
http://www.tciauto.com/Products/TC-'Rac ... rs'-0.aspx
http://www.jegs.com/p/TCI/TCI-StreetFig ... 3/10002/-1

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
anyone have any pictures of there 4l80e installed in there car with the crossmember in place just wondering the layout of it ..thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor