4x4 el camino/ Good idea or should I be institutionalized

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
When I threw the 4x4 idea out there. I think people's opinion might be clouded by the frankenvehicles they've seen before. I wish I had the software or knowledge to photoshop what I'm talking about. Like you said something professional will get respect. The guy who first brought up the idea of a car body with a truck bed probable got laughed at too.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
HMMM. A pre-runner elky! Somehow that sounds better than a standard 4wd elky.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
A pre-runner elk would be a lot of fun and I don't live to far from semi-desert. Prime terrian for a pre-runner. Plus I think it could be done cheaply. I could fab up longer rear control arms and get lift springs. The front would be more difficult. How to get more travel out of the front would be the question?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, the easy way to increase travel is running longer control arms. if you look at stadium trucks and desert racers, not to mention high performance four wheelers, they all use very long arms to attach the suspension.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
I have a set of tubular control arms from gbodyparts that i could extend. The lowers are stock and I have an extra set of those that I could also try and extend. Someone stop me before it's to late lol.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
Can you put some meaty tires on it? not to big

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
2000 I appreciate what you're doing so don't take this wrong. But if the body was level on the frame and it had modern tires and rims, keep the front skid plate, less frame showing under and that is sort of what i'm talking about. Everybody, What do you think now?

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor