5.3/4l80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Steve, just FYI I have a complete truck intake with cover, and two sets of injectors available in the event you need things that don't show up with the engine.

Reactions: 2 users

fastNYsix

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2017
I've never seen any 250$ engines on craigslist in my area. Don't let the mileage scare you, My lq4 has near 180k and was a sludgy mess. they must have never did one single oil change on it. I turboed it and hammer the crap out of it and it keeps going. I paid around 500 for the last 6.0 and 5.3 i bought from craigslist. I paid 950 for a 6.0 4l80e combo. So 1k is good, especially if you don't need to rework the harness. As long as the engine is complete, you don't want to get nickle and dimed buying accessories.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
If you have a boroscope, you might take it and a spark plug socket. The best way to make sure it isn't a 4.8 is to look at the top of the pistons. 4.8's have flat tops. 5.3's don't. I think you made a good deal. 120k miles doesn't scare me a bit. My 5.3 in my truck has 158k miles on it and it runs like new as far as I'm concerned. The bottom end on the LS family of engines is so stable you just don't see much in the way of bearing wear.

The best par is it's coming to me
Delivered Saturday

I'll for sure use my bore scop
Flat tops are a 4.8 and a 5.3 is dished with valve notches

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The best par is it's coming to me
Delivered Saturday

I'll for sure use my bore scop
Flat tops are a 4.8 and a 5.3 is dished with valve notches
Wow! Delivered from Pasadena? He's hungry. Great deal.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
In na for 300-325 rwhp

If I turbo maybe 500?

Buddy and I did a 5.3/4L60 swap into a Volvo 240 wagon. It was an 03' LM7 engine, we never touched the engine inside, just clean and swap. It dynoed at 214whp/279wtq with the stock ECU from LT1swap to remove security/2nd O2's and after tuning made 278whp/318wtq. He nearly has all the parts to go LSA supercharger, just have to pick up a cam....

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor