557 mile 88 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Problem is a that regular Cutlass needs a different drive train front to back to not be a slug. Where the 442 just needs a 350 through 455 and a few hard parts in the trans

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
olds307 and 403 I have to defend the Cutlass for what it is. It's a super-nice cruiser. You KNOW it won't be fast, but people didn't buy them for their quickness. It is nice that they kept an Oldsmobile V8 setup where a 455 could fit in there fairly easy, but that Cutlass can slink down the street in style and be a pleasure to drive as long as you're aware that the mini-Cooper at the stop light can blow you away when the light goes green. Keep that in mind and you do just fine.

Reactions: 2 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
They did it in 87 with the GN and called it an X. What's not to like about truck fender flares? :)

To me they looked tacky on a GNX also. The GN was about perfect in stock form.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

agtw31

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 18, 2009
How come the old friend of the deceased did not buy the car privately?

all assets must be auctioned off.
no exceptions when estate is in probate.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
all assets must be auctioned off.
no exceptions when estate is in probate.
Interesting rule. Where are you located? Everywhere I've had a license and done estate/probate work the only time assets were required to be liquidated were either a) due to the terms of the will, b) due to a will contest/settlement agreement, c) due to judgment of the executor/administrator (voluntary), or d) when creditors filed objections to the will/administration and liquidation was required to meet conflicting obligations to heirs/creditors.

Probate simply is anytime someone dies with assets in general. Maybe you meant something else? No matter, just wondered where the law was that anytime someone dies everything they own MUST be auctioned by law, no exceptions, so I make sure never to move there
:popcorn:

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If the plates are accurate, it's in Ohio. Ohio has a lot of similarities to South Carolina as far as probate rules. Almost to a tee.

There's nothing I can find in Ohio's probate rules that require auctioning off assets. It's either in the will, or intestate (no will) which means pretty much everything that isn't with JTWROS (survivorship rights) or POD (payable on death such as insurance payout). If it's under probate umbrella, it is in the care of the executor of the estate to deal with until the estate is closed with a waiting period to allow debtors to make any claims on the estate. If assets need to be sold to pay the bills or to pay off debtors (they get first crack ahead of heirs if they petition the probate court correctly) then the executor can sell assets as they see fit to pay the debts. If the car was supposed to be given to an heir in the will, well, too bad. SOL. Auctioning the stuff is usually the easy way to liquidate estates especially when there's a lot of heirs that disagree on how to split things up. But it is not required to be auctioned. The executor can make that call, either by him/herself, or with any named and legal co-executor if one exists. They have final decision on how to liquidate the assets, even though they usually try to abide by family wishes most of the time.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
One thing I've learned over the years- You can't have any regrets when you're writing checks for cars, regardless of the price. And it matters not so much of what they ask, just how much you pay.

$18K gets you a boat load of nostalgia... or a 3rd of the way to a Hellcat, ZL1, or GT 350.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
$18K gets you a boat load of nostalgia... or a 3rd of the way to a Hellcat, ZL1, or GT 350.
Good point. If it were my grandpa's, or uncle's car or something, I might pay a lot more for it simply because of the family ties and emotional considerations, and that all-important nostalgia piece. (if I was that great of a grandson, he'd have willed it to me, however).

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor