Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
That's weird. This is all I get...

IMG_2511.PNG

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
The SSM pedal is a nice setup if you don't have the means to make your own setup. Bernie is pretty cool to talk to.

The GSI guy is a clown, real *ss to talk to, and his stuff is crazy priced with no warranty or returns, just a heads up.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i started with the gsi pedal (pedal only, kit not offered at that time) and f-body master on my 455/6spd cutlass that uses a mcleod slave/throw out bearing, found it incredibly stiff. after three weeks of driving, my left knee started to hurt. switched to ssm pedal and mount. I'm now on my fourth month of daily driving. it works fantastic. money well spent. bernie is pretty cool too.
with the ssm pedal and mount, it may be possible to use factory cruise. maybe. but i haven't tried it yet.
i have no experience with your style setup yet, but have plans for a 5.3l/6spd combo. i will try the gsi pedal in that. if i don't like it, I won't hesitate to switching to a ssm pedal setup.

Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
...on my 455/6spd cutlass that uses a mcleod slave/throw out bearing...

Joe, can you provide a p/n on that McLeod throw out bearing you used on your setup?
That's the last link I need to complete the coupling between my 455 and the LT1 T56 I have.
Is your trans a production GM piece (ie LS1 or LT1 T56), or an aftermarket unit?
I've searched the inter webs for many an hour over the years and also posted on here looking for any info, but so far no one has been able to provide anything concrete.

I know that one of the members here used the one that came with the Weir Hot Rod Products kit, but I already have an SFI bellhousing and I'm not buying an entire kit just for the throw out bearing.
Any help you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated.
TIA
Donovan

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Take a look at my t56 swap. I have a John Bzdel Pedal, its stiff but no worse than any muscle car with a stiff clutch. Also, in my thread it shows the setup to mount it. The pedal bolts to the stock auto pedals. The stock 3/4 gen f body master bolts to the firewall through the stock cruise control wiring hole. I have a -4 line to a mcleod hydraulic throwout bearing.

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/update-my-t56-and-ford-8-8-swap-finally-onto-rear-swap.51874/

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Take a look at my t56 swap. I have a John Bzdel Pedal, its stiff but no worse than any muscle car with a stiff clutch. Also, in my thread it shows the setup to mount it. The pedal bolts to the stock auto pedals. The stock 3/4 gen f body master bolts to the firewall through the stock cruise control wiring hole. I have a -4 line to a mcleod hydraulic throwout bearing.

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/update-my-t56-and-ford-8-8-swap-finally-onto-rear-swap.51874/

Good write up and thread, thank you. But still looking for that elusive McLeod T/O bearing part number...
:(

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Yes, its a 1400-22.

Just opinion, look for the best price, but buy it new if you can. The Mcleod warranty is worth it, mine failed, then was repaired under warranty, then when it failed again (just out of warranty) they replaced it with a NEW one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor