6 speed swap help!!!!! tr6060

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2016
Hello guys i'm doing a Ls3/tr6060 swap in my Malibu and I have a question as far as installing the clutch master
cylinder. I ordered a bracket from street performance but it wont fit the booster because the holes don't match up so I was wondering if anybody has done a 6 speed swap and what is a good way to go about this?
Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance........

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I saw the post and thought you would be asking about the driveshaft. The TR6060 uses a two piece from the factory, you can't get a slip yoke on it. That and the shifter is divorced from the case, not bolted to it like a T56 or T5.

LS T56 is simpler and easier to use, that is what I have and suggest you use. It will make things much less of a pain to install.

Sep 30, 2016
I saw the post and thought you would be asking about the driveshaft. The TR6060 uses a two piece from the factory, you can't get a slip yoke on it. That and the shifter is divorced from the case, not bolted to it like a T56 or T5.

LS T56 is simpler and easier to use, that is what I have and suggest you use. It will make things much less of a pain to install.

Thanks for the replying I got most of it squared away I'm having a two piece driveshaft made and a trans tunnel fabed up for the tr6060 shifter the only thing holding me back is how to mount the clutch master cylinder. I looked at your post and I might try what you did and mount it straight on the firewall and hopefully get the correct angle I'm just worried with time the firewall might flex and I would loose the full travel on the master cylinder rod

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I guess it depends on the angle. I hammered my firewall in that area to where it was flat up and down, not on the curve like the factory setup. Doing so work-hardened the material a little and I have washers on the other side. I have watched for any noticeable movement and so far it seems solid, been like that for years.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
We used a bracket that hangs off the studs on the brake booster where the master cylinder mounts on my brother's 78 Z28. Is something like that available for g-bodies?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
We used a bracket that hangs off the studs on the brake booster where the master cylinder mounts on my brother's 78 Z28. Is something like that available for g-bodies?

I was able to fit one of the brackets on the right side but not the left. The firewall cracked on the left side after 3 years so I made a doubler on that side and used a large washer.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
A quick Google search turned up these links which should be of interest....
http://www.sickspeedmonte.com/Pedal.htm

http://www.gsi-interiorss.com/item/...ssi/g-body-performance-hydraulic-c/lid=983837

There may be other alternatives out there. You may want to do your own search. I'm left to wonder if the bracket for use on a second gen Camaro could be modified to work but if it were me, I would probably go with an engineered solution like in the links above.

Just a quick heads up Jared, the GSI link doesn't take you anywhere...
o_O

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Just a quick heads up Jared, the GSI link doesn't take you anywhere...
o_O
The link is working fine on my phone???
Anyone else having trouble with the link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor