7.5 10 bolt U-Joint Girdles??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

monzaz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 2, 2007
Richfield, Oh
U-joint straps for 7.5 rear.

Please just PM me I have them used for free if you pay the shipping...lol. I guarantee they fit...This all I do rear differentials GM period. :)

4 bolts and 2 straps.

shipping will be 5.00 as priority shipping in an envelope. usually 2 day delivery. If you give me your mailing address I will even trust you and send them tomorrow. Jim

rick48195

Apprentice
May 21, 2009
I have been looking at this forum, but I have a different problem, there is nothing wrong with my stock u joint girdles but you have to be exact when putting them in because if they are not perfectly centered they will make the car vibrate at high speeds. I want to find the type that self centers the u joint to avoid this problem anyone know where i can find them for an 85 cutty with a 7.5 rear end? (originally a six banger car)

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
rick48195 said:
I have been looking at this forum, but I have a different problem, there is nothing wrong with my stock u joint girdles but you have to be exact when putting them in because if they are not perfectly centered they will make the car vibrate at high speeds. I want to find the type that self centers the u joint to avoid this problem anyone know where i can find them for an 85 cutty with a 7.5 rear end? (originally a six banger car)
There should be locator "nubs" on the pinion yoke. The straps won't have anything to do with centering the U-joint.

rick48195

Apprentice
May 21, 2009
There are no nubs on the pinion yoke, I have seen caps with ends on them that would work but I dont know where to get them for this rear end

rick48195

Apprentice
May 21, 2009
I have been looking at this forum, but I have a different problem, there is nothing wrong with my stock u joint girdles but you have to be exact when putting them in because if they are not perfectly centered they will make the car vibrate at high speeds. I want to find the type that self centers the u joint to avoid this problem anyone know where i can find them for an 85 cutty with a 7.5 rear end? (originally a six banger car) There are no nubs on the yoke to center the universal. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED

RUSTY OL BU

Apprentice
Sep 4, 2009
Fort Fun, Indiana
Is there a groove in the yoke towards the outside where the end of the cap rides? And if not is the yoke a whole or half circle?

rick48195

Apprentice
May 21, 2009
there are no grooves in the yoke and the yoke is a half circle the universal cap girdle makes up the other half of the circle aroung the universal. someone must make a girdle with nubs in it to keep the universal centered or will I have to change the yoke? the only way to center the universal now is by measuring or feeling and its almost impossible to get it right on.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It sounds to me that the problem lies with the u-joint. I have had similar problems with cheap and probably made in china u joints. A good u-joint has a c-clip near the lower edge of the cap that rest on the yoke and keeps the u-joint in place. If there is any play where the u-joint can move at all then they're junk.

rick48195

Apprentice
May 21, 2009
Actually these are spicer made in the usa joints the problem is not with the universal joint it is with the yoke/girdles not holding the joint in the center

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor