• No, try to get a posi in there

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
At least with the upgraded spider gears, once the motor goes through a few cycles, just beat on it. I say run 75W90 or 75w140 synthetic to help it live.
The pisser is that I had the Yukon spider gears in the garage, and sent them back thinking I was using a "posi" that turned out to be an Auburn with a cracked side gear. I just reordered them again. Sumbich!!!
I tell ya, I learned more about differentials this weekend than I ever wanted to know!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The pisser is that I had the Yukon spider gears in the garage, and sent them back thinking I was using a "posi" that turned out to be an Auburn with a cracked side gear. I just reordered them again. Sumbich!!!
I tell ya, I learned more about differentials this weekend than I ever wanted to know!

I wasn't aware that they sold replacement side gears for an Auburn. I know they sell the pinion shaft, pinion gears and the thrust washers caused I mistakenly ordered them for my 8.2.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I wasn't aware that they sold replacement side gears for an Auburn. I know they sell the pinion shaft, pinion gears and the thrust washers caused I mistakenly ordered them for my 8.2.
They don't- at least I couldn't find them. It's going in the metal dumpster.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor