7 quart pan in 79 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Bad4558

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2013
I'm bout to invest in a milodon 7 quart oil pan for my cutlass. The pan will be going on my 455. I was wondering if I would have any clearance issues with it in my car?

1Bad4558

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2013
Ive done some research on here and other websites and I can't seem to find anything on it. I don't want to do any modifications to the frame or pan for it to fit.

455rocket

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2011
PA
Thats what I have on mine. As long as your using the a body mounts it shouldn't be a problem. Real close on the hood side but even with the frame on the bottom.

Cutlass_192.jpg

Cutlass_445.JPG

1Bad4558

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2013
Okay it's not a problem getting them motor mounts, but why do they need to be used. What is wrong with the stock mounts?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Nothing. As long as you use engine mounts that match the frame mounts you have the engine will end up in the right place. So if you had a SBO in there before you'll want to use 260/307/350/403 engine mounts.

As for the 7qt. pan you'll be fine. The bottom of the pan will end up about even with the bottom of the engine crossmember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor