700 r4 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I changed the fluid and filter in my 700r4 yesterday and took it for alittle drive about 2miles and did fine then came home and parked it and went to leave that night and was setting at a light for like 5 minutes cause a train, and when I went to take off it wouldn't shift outa 2nd so I pulled over thinking it was leaking transmission fluid but it was fine so I popped the hood and pulled on the tv cable and adjusted it. And it seemed to help so I got it home and and today I went to work on it and it was shifting fine threw all the gears but won't go into overdrive. I've adjusted the tv cable and still nothing, what does everyone think?

gharris79

Apprentice
Sep 21, 2011
Miramichi NB Canada
I had the same problem on mine in my Cutlass. I had mine to the transmission shop that built it 4000kms ago and he said it was obvious that my cable was sticking. We couldn't figure out why cause it was brand new from GM. He couldn't do anything else for me at that time but told me to keep driving it if I had to. Mine would shift out of the gears but it was not until the last second. Then just out of the blue it started working again. He figured it was a piece of dirt that was getting in the way. I'm thinking that your could be the same thing.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Yea I'm thinking it's probly a piece of junk caught in something, I'll just drive it till it goes out. I have another one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor