700r4 leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

creepin cutty

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2006
ok, i jacked my car from the rear to put in my new differential (8.5) and then i swapped the driveshaft for a shorter one...
after i did so, transmission fluid started to come out :evil: ...it seemed to be comen from the pan, but after tigthning the pan again and further inspection i notice it was coming out of here: (red circle)
rbkvgx.jpg

should that have a plug or somthing?

Thanks guys!

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i believe that's for the dipstick

creepin cutty

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2006
no...the dipstick is further up...

this hole? has a metal hook that seems to be connected to a spring of some kind?

i need help, i have a huge mess of oil

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
TV cable hook up? i thought it was on the other side but a hook and spring sounds like it.

creepin cutty

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2006
whats that and what should go there?

i'ma take it to my machanic in a couple of days..but if its a simple fix, i know he can't charge me an arm!

creepin cutty

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2006
image021.jpg

Thats exactly whats leaking..i dont have anything connected to that...is that bad?? should i connect that cable to that?? whats the diffrence..?? you guys think i found my problem?

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i dont have anything connected to that...is that bad??
that's extremely bad! the throttle valve controls the trans including line pressure and shift points. it MUST be used and adjusted properly.
no offense but before you get components you really need to do research on them and know what they need to function properly.

creepin cutty

Apprentice
Nov 16, 2006
the thing is i really don't know alot about motors and the guys that built mine told me that what he did is what i needed...

can some one post links to the stuff i'ma have to buy to have some one install it for me...

thanks alot

(i have a 6.0 ls motor, holley 4150 hp carb, 700r4 trans) any more info needed please let me know...

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor