'78-'81 Lemans/GA Hood Option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2012
hey guys im definately in for a 2'' cowl hood igot n 81 lemans and i think also that the 4'' s overkill and doesnt look right plz plz plz can we get 10 ppl lol...im gonna procharge soon and not sure about clearance issues..but rather be safe than sorry..im new here (1st post) soo im not quite sure how this works,plz bare with me guys

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
Well, I had kind of given up on any kind of a group buy. If there's enough interest now, I can start talking to the people at VFN again.

Stealth

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 26, 2012
Michigan
Mark me down as a buyer. I was actually thinking about glassing my own hood.. But would love for this to happen

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
This is no help, but just a comment. I believe the '64 GTO hood, with the center and scoop area raised, would look great on these cars and provide more room than a '65-'67 style hood. You could raise the whole area from the first character line on each side, exaggerate the center dome and scoops. And yes, this is just dreaming, but would work.
1064_Pontiac_GTO.JPG

adam6640

Greasemonkey
Apr 30, 2008
Hugo Ok
I totally agree with RandyW on the Hood for a LeMans that idea is awesome,I don't like seeing a cowl hood on a Pontiac at all or an Olds, RAMAIR style only JMO

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
I still haven't come up with a hood solution. I started kicking around another idea. Has anyone used a Super Duty style scoop on their car, or seen someone that has? I'm wondering how one of these would look. VFN sells these as something that can be added to a hood. I'd probably be considering one of the larger ones. Thoughts?

This is where the idea came from.

Attachments

• superdutys.jpg
    superdutys.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 654
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 662

ligoatpar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 31, 2005
Southampton, Pa.
I too saw the VFN hood and had the same idea. I'd like to be counted, but I guess we're still short of the 10. I was ready to pay to have the hood modified like the pic. Keep me in mind if you still need the count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor