78 cutlass W-31 build

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
So dose anyone know what I should do with the vacuum lines? There's really no diagram for my home made application I remember I need to use the intake temp switch so the choke and air cleaner work correctly but I'm not shore how I think the trans gets full intake vacuum and the advance gets off idle vacuum from the carb but witch port is it? And then there's EGR and cruise control????
Check the OPG site. They reproduce a lot of the vacuum diagrams and they have the images of them on their website. I realize you don't have a totally stock setup but it might be a good place to start.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What year Qjet? The medium size port near the bottom is usually EGR, the big one front and center at the bottom is PCV, the small port on the front drivers side is ported vacuum, the rear bottom passenger side is for the secondary pull off. The top back feeds the hot air choke. I personally like manifold vacuum for timing on the Olds V8.

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
That sucks you keep getting the run around on that trans! I'd be at that guys place bright and early wanting to know WTF is the holdup!!!!
Hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I hear you everything was painful to get done at work and on the 70 as well. I just need fluids, radiator top plate, distributor hold down, pull the fuel tank shortly and replace the sender and steal the headers and 2.5" exhaust with X pipe off the 88 with turn downs. I was going to run the manifolds and the barely 2" duals but those suit the 260 better in the 88 and decided against the completely stock theme. So few people run the Olds 350 these days as it is, mine might as well be shiny.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What cam did you end up running? What gearing?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
What cam did you end up running? What gearing?
That's kinda funny actually the cam I used was laying around my garage forever and I don't know what the exact specs are it was a used cam from something else I can't remember what it may have been in my 70 455 I did some research measuring and calculations and I think it's a 468 lift I couldn't find a grind number so oh well it's a surprise cam? It should work tho the carb is a 78 Cutlass 350 off of my parts car because it ran great just knocked like it has 2 spun bearings and it has the correct linkage for cruise control I've done nothing with the gears yet so still 2.56?I think still open the plan was get the 8.5 for my 87 and use the 7.5 posi from the 87 in this car but I never got the 8.5 same guy has my transmission He's killing me

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That guy sounds like he is screwing you around. You are a big guy, pay him a visit;).

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Back home from working on the car. I found the leak in the break system changed the master cylinder and the lines to the perportionining valve cleaned up the front frame rails and the booster hit them with some rust converter and satin black
IMG_20170604_152556642_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170604_181310821.jpg
I also bolted the motor to the 200 and made 1 new cooler line
IMG_20170604_202606.jpg
but just couldn't do it! I can't put that nasty POS 200 in my car! So I'll see what happens this week one way or another next weekend it is going to run. This week I plan on painting the wheels and ordering tires brought the radiator top plate home to glass bead and paint it. All I can think is I want to hear it run

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor