78 cutlass W-31 build

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Ok guys I just ordered the cheapest parts I could find lol it almost got a jm-20-22 that I have in stock but I don't have a set of small block push rods or Polly locks for the studs guide plates and roller rockers nor do I have lifters or valve springs for that cam Soo shopped around and don't have the money for that stuff right now I went on eBay and got this
Screenshot_20170726-201435.png
im guessing it should be good to 5500 and work ok with my 2000-2300 converter on a brighter note I found a good 350 Ballancer in my garage digging threw parts didn't know I had one tomorrow I'll paint it and the new water pump

Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I have ran the Melling and Edelbrock version of that cam with the 114 LSA, 5000 rpm no problem. It idles smooth and is OK all around. I have a feeling the 112 LSA version would give better bootom end. I have a custom single pattern on a 110 LSA, it is basically that exhaust lobe on both sides. It is very nice.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I have ran the Melling and Edelbrock version of that cam with the 114 LSA, 5000 rpm no problem. It idles smooth and is OK all around. I have a feeling the 112 LSA version would give better bootom end. I have a custom single pattern on a 110 LSA, it is basically that exhaust lobe on both sides. It is very nice.
Well that's cool. My worry buying it was I got it because it was the cheapest one I could find so I've been thinking , I hope it's not a gutless slug

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I'm back from my trip I didn't go as planned but I think it went well spent a lot of time at my uncle's place and grabbed a wheel for the car in color. Filthy but in color
IMG_20170730_204306.jpg
again thanks couz part of this trip was upsetting like there's only 2 G-bodys left on the property and one is a salvage car that any of us would want to fix. Anyway I'm off tomorrow so after I catch up on my chores around here maybe I can get back on that car or my truck again

Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Eric, the grass will still be growing tomorrow anyways lol!!! You have more important things to address!

Honestly, that's why mine didn't get cut yesterday....spent time working on painting the quarter window trim :)

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
As much as I hated to rip apart something I just put together I did it
4253.jpeg
and it's almost back together! I figure tomorrow after work it should run....well if it runs I'm guessing I should break in that cam fluctuating between 15 and 2000 for about 15 minutes. If anything else is wrong I'll find out then unless you guys have a better idea

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Man, after going through the previous posts I can feel your frustration! My fingers are crossed! Haha
You'll get it eventually!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Man, after going through the previous posts I can feel your frustration! My fingers are crossed! Haha
You'll get it eventually!
Thanks I hope so maybe after work it will fire. The car show my mother wanted to take the kids to with it is on the 7th and right down the street from the house. Going over it in my mind. If it runs I need to bleed the brakes clean it and put some of the interior back together. It might happen

• Optimistic

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor