78 cutlass W-31 build

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So guys yesterday morning I got a builder from a guy who knows my family from way back! He remembered when my uncle wrecked his 69 W-30 lol small world in Northeast PA I wanted to plug his place on here so I called him this morning and he asked me not to because he has no help in the yard. It sucks because the place is so cool and a treasure trove of old racing cars and trucks from the 20s to the late 80s over 600 cars hidden in the woods and it kills me I can't post the pictures ( at his request) but here's what I got
IMG_20171229_125910494.jpg
it's a dual bolt pattern 350 cut out 30 years ago I'm shore the frictions are dry so Jim's going to build it
IMG_20171229_125919791.jpg
The guys driver was a real GTO judge and his wife's was a 68 charger 383 4 speed bolth unrestored so cool!
7837.jpeg
So that's were my car got left for now I need to get a good tv cable and correct dipstick tube and dipstick this week so I can get up there and get it back together

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
looks like he just used extra parts he had lying around his shop.... groove patterns don't even match up, and most kits will include new steels....

I hate sack-o-s#&%s like that....

hope you have good luck on your search!
Yea if you look the frictions aren't all the same when Jim opened it he just shook his head and and said wtf dude it's all just junk

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Quick update I ordered a tv cable from rockauto and a dipstick tube from a jegs clearance eBay sale I'm probably going to get a Spectra radiator of of rockauto also. My cousin is supposed to drop off the trans and the old debris to Jim tomorrow so he can build me something that shifts.

Reactions: 6 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
As if my life and my builds weren't confusing enough some of you may all ready know I sold my daily driver and put my unfinished square body crew on the road so I have no idea how I'm getting back to PA to finish this car.
But I ordered a radiator for it tonight anyway and I think my cousin got the trans to Jim so I better figure something out quickly. Oh well I'll cross that bridge when I come to it

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I got my plastic and aluminum radiator, TV cable, and dipstick tube. My cousin is finally dropping off my transmission tomorrow morning supposedly. I guess I can't complain about the delay I can't get there anyway lol but my brother offered to tow it home for me when it's back together now I need to get there and finish it.
Guess I'll see how things go with the square body crew this weekend

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Get both of them finished and enjoy them.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I got my plastic and aluminum radiator, TV cable, and dipstick tube. My cousin is finally dropping off my transmission tomorrow morning supposedly. I guess I can't complain about the delay I can't get there anyway lol but my brother offered to tow it home for me when it's back together now I need to get there and finish it.
Guess I'll see how things go with the square body crew this weekend
Get both of them finished and enjoy them.
I'm trying my brotha

Reactions: 2 users

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
I just read this post and you just gave me new hope not to give up. My DD just told me to "go to my room and don't come back till you spend time fixing it and get it new parts!!" Lol My rear end had a clunk in it and sent shock waves to the trans till it too started clunking. I'm grounded till next month when funds are available.
Man, do I feel your pain! But, what you're coming back from would be a nightmare to me. You're a strong dude!
Thanks for the inspiration.
T

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I just read this post and you just gave me new hope not to give up. My DD just told me to "go to my room and don't come back till you spend time fixing it and get it new parts!!" Lol My rear end had a clunk in it and sent shock waves to the trans till it too started clunking. I'm grounded till next month when funds are available.
Man, do I feel your pain! But, what you're coming back from would be a nightmare to me. You're a strong dude!
Thanks for the inspiration.
T
Well thanks I wasn't trying to be inspirational but I'm glad to help. Sometimes it's hard to not give up but I do know when there done it's all worth it. Just look what I'm going through with my other build (square body crew) tonight's update will be interesting with a stay tuned for tomorrow

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Did you figure out your sending unit issues yet? On my kid's 80 1/2 ton, that was the biggest PITA on all the wiring I did. They didn't work before I swapped cabs and I found a break in the main power wire DK green on this one from the fuse box to the cab switch. (Which for less than 3 bucks I replaced)

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor