BUILD THREAD 78 Malibu "#DtoxBu/Caged Beast"

Status
Not open for further replies.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
wow, what an awesome project! Great attention to detail, and top quality work :popcorn:

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
adam6640 said:
Beyond Awesome ! very talented ! keep up the pics

khan0165 said:
wow, what an awesome project! Great attention to detail, and top quality work :popcorn:

Thanks fellas!!!! That really keeps me motivated!!!!

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
adam6640 said:
Beyond Awesome ! very talented ! keep up the pics

khan0165 said:

Thanks fellas!!!! That really keeps me motivated!!!!

Well, you've put in a lot of hours doing nice fab & prep work & it's all starting to really show heading twoards the end result. I badly need to redo my aging suspension & brakes, so I'm starting to pay attention. Are the shock relocation brackets needed for the brakes?

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
jlcustomz said:
Well, you've put in a lot of hours doing nice fab & prep work & it's all starting to really show heading twoards the end result. I badly need to redo my aging suspension & brakes, so I'm starting to pay attention. Are the shock relocation brackets needed for the brakes?

Thanks for checking her out! The "shock relocate brackets" are only needed if you flip the calipers around. The back of the caliper is in the way. If you mount the caliper like the donor car, you dont need the brackets...I did it that way so the e brake lever would pull forward.

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Thanks, sounds like that might be the easiest all around method. Sometimes it's easier to modify something simple that's working ok as is rather than extremely modify the new item. It's called smart engineering. :twisted:

By the way, I definitely have to agree with your signature, why do the guys with the plain ugly parking lot cars have to be so hateful to us with custom rides?

Cuz they can do what we can. :rofl:

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Did a little work on the wells. Decided to try somethin new. I had some fiberglass filler (bondo) a friend gave me and decided to fill in the factory indent on the wells-right when the well begins to curve. Worked out pretty sweet and I learned how to use a new product. It feathers out nicely like regular bondo filler...

8464591282_a2ef3e48c2_z.jpg

8464590908_e80f5dfa14_z.jpg

8463491389_568a68dd4e_z.jpg

8463490407_34f11f517d_z.jpg

8463489355_fdd0db740f_z.jpg

8464585664_aa15294089_z.jpg

Rustolium "Filler Primer" stage. I use 2 cans on each well in different colors. That way if I start sanding too much primer out. the color below will show..

8464585058_6db6b3554b_z.jpg

Waiting for this first can of primer to fully dry. Then I'll sand with 400 grit dry and shoot the next can and wait for that to dry.. Waiting game begins....

The wheel Im running is a 22x9 (front) and 22x10.5 (rear). The car will be dropped 2". I dont do lifts! Not my style. I come from the VW, BMW and Audi world-DTM style... I like my ride low, tires stretched and wheels tucked. The tires will be 245-30-22 (f) and 275/25/22 (r) for a nice lil stretch..

]
9098051275_32a37fef20_c.jpg

]
9149978841_a4348e5674_z.jpg

This malibu is the complete inspiration for my build. The owner (James Crow) captured EXACTLY what I wanted to do with mine...When I get a lil lazy, I bring this photo up and get it crackin on Tha #dtoxbu...

8467121904_0876de8e60_c.jpg

Thanks for checkin back!!!

Elco Warren..
80z!! We comin....

Last edited:

GBoDYon4s

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
So,CA.
WOW,everybody gets inspiration from somewhere and 80z is doing that for alot of us,thanks bruh.
The Alibu is headed to red carpet status,this is a nice well thought out build,keep us posted...GBoDYs UP!!!!

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
NIce project!! I wouldn't mind the wheel combo either!! Looking good! keep up the good work and looking forward to more progress. :mrgreen: How are you fitting BMW wheels? I thought they were the wrong bolt pattern.. :?

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
GBoDYon4s said:
WOW,everybody gets inspiration from somewhere and 80z is doing that for alot of us,thanks bruh.
The Alibu is headed to red carpet status,this is a nice well thought out build,keep us posted...GBoDYs UP!!!!

Yessir!! Thats what my goal has been all along is to inspire folks to get out in the garage, street, backyard hell even the Parkin lot at autozone and get ya wrench time in. I made soooo many mistakes with shops man I said no more!! Grabbed a wrench, fired the pc up and purchased a few books and was like a sponge. Pickin the homies heads and using that all powerful "Google". The forums and members are a GREAT resource!!! So much info here! Preciate the words homie!! And yezzir!!! GBODY'S UP!! 8)

85GPLef41 said:
NIce project!! I wouldn't mind the wheel combo either!! Looking good! keep up the good work and looking forward to more progress. :mrgreen: How are you fitting BMW wheels? I thought they were the wrong bolt pattern.. :?

Thanks for checkin the project out bruh! Taking from my old days of BMW building, the pattern is like damn near identical. 5x120 and ours is like 5x120.7 or something like that. Now normally this lil bit would bother the hell outta me. But this car will only be driven once every other month and no crazyness(wild donuts and burnouts) Its just a cruiser so I should be cool. Now all the lil and big homies that do ride Asanti's in a BMW pattern, and romp hard on their rides have had no probs at all. Maybe its luck, but I havent heard any stories yet. Ive seen the wheels go on with no rub or stressed lugs after a hard run. Knocks on wood... :| Thanks for checking it out! Should be a fun lil cruiser when hangin with my 80z crew. This summer-sbc 355. Summer 2014-F.A.S.T efi carb'd 6.0 LS setup. Looking to supercharge that as well :wink: Stay tuned! Should be intreresting!!

Elco Warren 8)
80z! WE COMIN!!! :twisted:

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Them wheels are ad sick!!!! killing da game with that....always love them wheels, and them wells, i have a feeling they going to be way way top notch this time!!!! like water!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink: :wink: keep going brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor