BUILD THREAD 78 Malibu "#DtoxBu/Caged Beast"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBoDYon4s

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
So,CA.
Mann!!! All those goodies got me pumped.I was checking out OPG this morning and came across those speed bleeders
and didn't know who to ask about them ,but i should've known who to hit up (OG Elco Warren)...have you ever used them?
Also if u dont mind me asking ( what proportioning valve are you going with? Thanks in advance bruh,im tryng to round up all the little stuff before i pull the frame .

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
GBoDYon4s said:
Mann!!! All those goodies got me pumped.I was checking out OPG this morning and came across those speed bleeders
GBoDYon4s said:
and didn't know who to ask about them ,but i should've known who to hit up (OG Elco Warren)...have you ever used them?
Also if u dont mind me asking ( what proportioning valve are you going with? Thanks in advance bruh,im tryng to round up all the little stuff before i pull the frame .

Man I appreciate you checking back on the build bruh. I watched a friend do his car by himself. Cracked the bleeder open like normal. 6-8 pumps and checked the master cyl to keep the fluid full. Do the next so forth till done. Simple. Soon as you as you stop pumping, the check ball drops so no air gets in. Decided to give em a try. I looked on ebay for a brass "disc/disc" prop valve and found one for $27.00. Grabbed 2 of em...

8538319166_e0083151cd_z.jpg

13.39" Black rotors came in. Look baaad *ss. Wish they would stay black....All good tho. The drilled holes and veins will stay black for a lil detail..

8537213517_4b7b810152_c.jpg

New hubs...Im just gonna cut the abs part as low and clean as possible. Then use a lil ultra black silicone on the exposed wire and then heat shrink wrap it with a closed in heat shrink cap. Should work cool..

8536035228_7975d6dab1_c.jpg

Side by side with my Elco's 14" rotor. Not really much difference

8537212145_78865fb4e2_c.jpg

My 90 degree angled silicone radiator hose elbow cam and is gonna work out killer. No cutting the aluminum hose up to fit. :mrgreen: After I trim the aluminum pipe down, I'll take it to a spot and have the bubble flare put back on the ends for that official look. :wink: On the Hub bolts, I'll be wire wheeling all the bolts to clean the threads up. then anti seize. I need to look and find what the proper torque specs are for these bolts as well. Google search away...The Front and rear PAB's are out getting powder coated chrome and will be ready today (Friday). Mel took my intake to the powder coater and will have it done in a gloss black. Should look clean cuz the intake has a smooth finish to it. I should have everything(PAB's) here today and can get the rearend buttoned up. Up next will be some black braided hose and black an fittings.. My "Kuol Tool" will be here today also. Cant wait!!

Thanks for checking back!

Elco Warren 8)
80z! :twisted:

Last edited:

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
GBoDYon4s said:
Good Lookin Out Warren the build is lookin Flawless,Keep them updates comin...GBoDYs UP!!!!

Cant say it enough.. Thanks for checking back!!! Between you and Saint going ham on the Bu's, yall give me the motivation to keep pushing on mine. :D

Practicing on bends. Still a lil rough. They dont have that factory look to em. Practice will get em better. Im still learning how to use the bending tool..

8542624775_af0190b7c2_c.jpg

8542623895_7896537d33_c.jpg

All of this shoulda been done before paint. I have to weld the lil brackets on for my stainless lines. All good tho. Lil touch up paint and wee r good..

8542623357_22968d316e_c.jpg

I also did some work on my 8.5's rear. Really happy with the results so far. Still waiting on a few other goodies to come in so i can move fwd with some other projects. Thanks for checking back!

Elco Warren 8)
80z :twisted:

Last edited:

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
GBoDYon4s said:
All i got to say is F#*K shop's...Flawless as Usual.***GBoDYs UP***

HAHA! Yessir!! I have a great trans shop tho. They've taken great care of me on my Fiance's Beetle and My built 700r they did for my SS(now in the Elco)

Dave V said:
Lines look good to me...nice work warren....

Thanks D!! The bender that came with that kit is ok. With practice I'll get a lil better. The flares look really good especially for a first timer. The test will be when I drop the rear in and bleed the system. Thanks for cheering me on bruh!! :D

Not much to report. My "speed bleeders" came in and I swapped out the old bleeders on all the calipers. I'll also pick up a new master cylinder for the Bu. With all this newer tech going into the brakes, swapping the 26 year old mc would be best. Imma just get one from auto zone. Bench bleed it and attach it to the booster. So now I'll have new lines, braided lines on each caliper, new prop valve and new master cylinder. I need to get a diagram of the stock brake setup for these cars and see if theres any other part i can upgrade while Im at it... Picked up a power bleeder from motive and a few other tools. My goal this year was to step it up on my tool game and imma stick to it. With the speed bleeders in place, i can run tubing up to each bleeder, crack em all open and then flush the entire system. Then close em all and start the normal bleeding process.

If I can get my TA girdle back from the powder coater this week, i can get it all back ogether and install the grand Nat 8.5 in the Elco. BUT!! Soon as i pull that 7.5 out, i bet you I'll do some more atrs n crafts on the el's under carriag. LOL! I need to stop! Thanks for checkin back...

Elco Warren 8)
80z UP!! :twisted:

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Few parts updates.. Mel "Tha Prez" got my Professional Products intake and wire loom holders coated. I said I wanted em black and wet. Thats what I got..SWEET! :shock:

8559209654_8f70e8037a_c.jpg

8559209846_7f6d778454_c.jpg

8610622605_b2f540333f_c.jpg

Also got my Z51 pab's back from the powder coater. Looks killer!!

8558000035_bb364c2b4e_c.jpg

8558000295_fc0081a4a5_c.jpg

Also picked up a power bleeder. Trying to get my tool game up..

8559108628_db21347900_c.jpg

And my Remflex gaskets came in. Door bell was ringin all day! LOL

8558004637_e85c527d1b_c.jpg

Summers coming up quick! Time to make it happen! I need to get out to Arizona and get some work in on the car. Soon!

Thanks for checking back!

Elco Warren 8)
80z UP!! :twisted:

Last edited:

Blueboy84

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2010
Northern Kentucky
Dam!! That intake is glowing!!!

pmgm

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2010
That's going to be one nice malibu... What are the rims called,I would like to know who makes them?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor