78 malibu restomod

Status
Not open for further replies.

gthmcty1

Greasemonkey
Feb 18, 2010
Thank-you. I called a couple glass shops and they confirmed that the rear window would be the same. They said it's a very tricky install.

Well worth the money to pay someone to install it!!
Welcome to the forum and great start!!

autonaut

Greasemonkey
Feb 22, 2014
Not to bring you down but i think you will be surprised what rust is hiding in all sorts of places in a car with floorboards like these.
Ask me how i know. Im rebuilding my 3'rd gbody. It's never just the floorboards.

Nice project. And definitely a cool combo of tils steering and bucket seats.

Yeah it's no big deal. I'm just going to line-x it and it'll be good. lol.
I'm lucky cause I have a close friend who does classics at his personal shop and he is mentoring me. he has everything I'd need and the know how.
I'm pretty sure the el camino floor is a direct replacement so if that's true then I'll cut it out and drop it in the chevelle.

Even though the floor is roached the car has a ton of pro's
It's rare
The body panels are in great shape aside from a small rust spot on the drivers side rear. no rust that trashes body lines .
All the glass is perfect
Titled
Seats are in either good or repairable shape
Rockers are good

All in all it's a perfect mix of work/education without going overboard.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
If you're changing to tan interior, I would sure like to have the red covers off your buckets. They'd be easy to ship.
Rhe only tan covers I have are kind of beat.

Good luck with your build

78chevelle

Apprentice
Feb 28, 2017
Medford oregon
If you're changing to tan interior, I would sure like to have the red covers off your buckets. They'd be easy to ship.
Rhe only tan covers I have are kind of beat.

Good luck with your build

Sure you can have em. They are cheap reproduction covers and their cracked all over.

Yeah I know I'll find more rust, I havn't even started sanding yet.

I got more pics to post but I'm taking a shower first. I got mold and oil and rust all over me.

78chevelle

Apprentice
Feb 28, 2017
Medford oregon
Pulled the motor. Sending to a machine shop to bore .60 over and clearancedo.

Ill be trading the camino for anow 85 regal. Pretty stoked about that.

Here are some Saturday engine pics

20170311_133812.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor