78 malibu restomod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

So I think the regal trade is falling out. bummer but no biggie.

Ive briefly read about the s10 steering box swap and the jeep steering shaft swap, can someone please go over the benefits of this modification?

Also has anyone used American Power-train Hydraulic clutch kit? What did you think?

Not sure on the S10 box. I don't consider manual steering an upgrade. The upside to the Jeep intermediate steering shaft is that it uses two u-joints and eliminates the rag joint. Giving a more precise steering feel. It makes more room for headers too.

What ever this one is. It was free.
20170316_132238.jpg
20170316_132234.jpg
20170316_132232.jpg

I have a manual steering box off of an s10 on my car and it works great. My power steering box was toast. I wanted to get rid of power steering anyways to clean it up a bit and have less weight.

looks like a factory round stick

have a pic of the handle itself?

The S10 gear box is an upgrade that gives you easy quick ratio steering that feels loose but not as loose or easy as full power steering......this upgrade was done by a lot g body/f body drag racers and other GM racers to help drop weight(like Caleb said)....I had an 87 S10 that had the manual gearbox in it it was so easy to steer with one finger which was nice because it was a 4 speed manual trransmission.......the ones to get are early 90s Cherokees and Grand Cherokees....I had to look at at least 5 vehicles before I found the proper collapsible type..............

Thanks for the quick responses guys. Your awesome. The guy that's helping me just gifted me some slightly used shorty headers and Flowmaster exhaust.

Here's a pic of the sifter handle. It's been modified to a short shift by Rob.
1489697867037-249750998.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor