78 pro-touring malibu in central Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
My sister lives not to far from you in Leander. I've heard that every weekend there's a mini car show at the Home Depot on 1431. Do you ever go there and what do you have? You can see my malibu and el camino in my photo album.

montessaj

Apprentice
Feb 1, 2008
Lampasas, Texas
No, I have never been to that get-together. I have a pro-touring styled 83 Monte Carlo SS "Nightmare" It is getting either a procharged LT1 or a Nitrous'd 355. Its had all of the suspension re-done on it SSBC front brakes, Hotchkis springs, G-body parts A-arms, quick ratio steering box, bilstein shocks...etc. etc, in the rear I have UMI control arms, hotckis springs, bilstein shocks, 3:42 eaton locker, and unfortunatley still the drums. 17" American Racing wheels...etc etc... I also have a 1986 Monte Carlo LS w/ an 8pt cage and nothing else...its still a work in progress. It will be Pro-street. Sorry for the novel. Good to know I'm not the only one in Cen-Tex with a g-body.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
I too have ssbc calipers on 12 inch camaro rotors and bbody spindles. At first I was not impressed with the brakes but the other day I had a panic stop and they worked perfectly. Those stock brakes suck hard. I'm guessing I've cut my distance a third with the up grade. I still have to get better brake lines and disc for the back.

There is a small G body following up where you live. I've run into a few guys with real nice monte's. I don't remember their names but their cars had a nice rumble with heavyduty rear-ends. I don't hang out up there anymore but will probable make that drive to Home Depot now that temps are getting cooler. Do you know if people still meet there anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor