78 seville rear discs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Are the 78 caddy sevilles rear discs components a direct bolt on for our gbodys?? Are the parts(rotors.pads,etc) available at the local parts stores(AutoZone,napa,etc)I have a ls1 set up,but while overlooking this set-up on a Seville,it looks like the ebrake would be easier to adapt,as its one with the caliper?any info greatly appreciated.

TexasT

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2008
Texas
There is a guy from utah I think, I met at DragWeek that had a Cadillac rear disc setup on his x-body. He said it was a bolt on for him. He was running a fuel injected BBB and a 5 speed trans. The Silver Buick is his screen name I believe. You might try to contact him. I believe I have seen him post at bangshift.com too.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
i been wondering the same thing.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have an 8.2 rear. I have set up the calliper bracket from an F body with the 1980 Seville calliper. I have not installed it yet, never got around to this summer but I will be installing it this winter. I like Seville calliper since the return spring of for the parking brake is smaller than the set up on the F body calliper and it won't interfere with the shocks as much as the F body calliper. I am using the F body rotor with the set up. I already have the F body handbrake installed so that will make the conversion easier. I know some don't bother with settting up the parking brake but I have a stick so I won't go without a hand brake

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor