79 Cutlass Calais Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharozen

Greasemonkey
Dec 19, 2012
Triana
Thanks, when will your car be done?
I feel like it's an on-going project with no end in sight. My engine gets pulled Monday morning and taken to the machine shop. In a few weeks/months it should be ready and after my pockets heal...I guess I'll start on the cosmetics....paint, interior, etc.

sleeperv8

n00b
Oct 8, 2014
I know how you feel. I want to take my engine out and put a carb engine in, can't get mine to fire anymore. I have change optispark, coil and icm. About to change ecm now to see if that's the problem.
How's it coming, any luck getting it fired up?
I am very familiar with lt1's. been running lt1/4l60e for a few years now in mine.

1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
How's it coming, any luck getting it fired up?
I am very familiar with lt1's. been running lt1/4l60e for a few years now in mine.

Sorry for the late respond. It was the spot on the fuse box that I had it plugged into, once i turn the switch it looses power in that spot. I just have a problem with the RPM going from 800 to 2000 and then back down. The program I have says its set at 2000 rpm.

1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
I lifted the front up 1-2 inches last night, also thinking about taking the 2 inch drop springs off the back.

Attachments

• IMG_2927.jpg
    IMG_2927.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_2929.jpg
    IMG_2929.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 231
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: 1 user

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
wow, i know this is an older thread, but man that car looks gorgeous. love the interior. wonder if you worked out everything since the last post?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
Nope, car is still driving me crazy. I no clue what I did wrong for karma to treat me like this....lol.....I drove it after fixing the no spark issues and then the TC splines broke, as I did not know I needed spacer between the TC and flex plate. Got the trans all fixed, then took it for another test drive and something else happen. Fixing that problem now and should be able to test it again once it stop raining. If it wasn’t for Crucial118, the car would have been on fire months ago

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Nope, car is still driving me crazy. I no clue what I did wrong for karma to treat me like this....lol.....I drove it after fixing the no spark issues and then the TC splines broke, as I did not know I needed spacer between the TC and flex plate. Got the trans all fixed, then took it for another test drive and something else happen. Fixing that problem now and should be able to test it again once it stop raining. If it wasn’t for Crucial118, the car would have been on fire months ago
Haha. I hear ya. Everytime i turn around i find something else that needs to be fixed. Well good luck man. Hope you get all the gremlins worked out soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor