79 Cutlass Supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
what style monte/regal? 78-80 high back or 81-88 lowback? I have both and would trade for those you have.

I want the lowback monte ss/ grand national style with separate headrest.

My seats are complete minus the tracks. All the chrome trim is there and not broken. The seat backs are in great shape and not chalky. I will message you later this evening and we can see what we can work out.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
C'mon 110 hp with awful gearing will tear down the house. Most seemed to opt for the 260 in those years, still awful but more torque.

What's really pathetic is the 231 V6 car is actually quicker. Back in the day I raced my girlfriends 84' Calais with a V6 against another Cutlass with the mighty 260 V8.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
I have never seen the gauge package without a tach though. That's a little weird.

I've seen that tach delete option on diesel cars.

I've seen it on a few gas cars as well. In fact my first car was an 81 Cutlass with a 231 and it had the guage package with the tach delete.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What's really pathetic is the 231 V6 car is actually quicker. Back in the day I raced my girlfriends 84' Calais with a V6 against another Cutlass with the mighty 260 V8.
Maybe because the 231 was lighter? Same HP, 260 had more torque. My 260 isn't horrible but the ram air and duals help. I am putting the headers and 2.5 inch pipes back on, made a huge difference past 3000 rpm at slightly stronger off the line.

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Very nice find! Im envious of your score on those buckets and matching rear seat too! Maybe Im not looking in the right places here in AZ but I never seem to find this stuff. Congrats on the clean pick up.

I am constantly looking at craigslist and offer up trying to find this stuff. Every once in a while a gem or two will pop up. Gotta beat the A-holes who buy stuff and try to ask 3 times what they paid for it the next day.

Put 3:73 gear and a 100 hp shot of NOS, that'll wake it up, once.
I wish I could find a similar one in Ohio. Nice find.

I grew up in southern Ohio and know all about the rust belt. I completely stripped my Arizona born and raised 84 regal down as far as you can to have it painted. I did not have one stuck, stripped, or broken bolt. Came apart with hand tools.

A year and a half ago i bought a salvaged title 86 442 from minnesota that someone dragged out here when they moved. Bought it for the rearend and the window trim. The rest of the car was a mess. Anything i tried to take off that car required a grinder and a torch.

H33ZY

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2019
I love the red color in the first Post! Going to be a real beauty!!
Congrats on the Bucket seats.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Who's winning? Y'all probably half track by now!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Somehow missed this thread...nice find! Car looks pretty decent!

I noticed in this pic that the radio knobs are not correct....

01313_ljryCVvAoK4_1200x900.jpg

I have a pretty nice set of the proper ones if you wanted....would include another headlight switch knob and lighter...

older pic but I also have the headlight switch knob as well.

Radio Knobs Lighter.JPG

shoot me a PM if interested.

Reactions: 2 users

AZRegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 20, 2017
Mesa AZ
Somehow missed this thread...nice find! Car looks pretty decent!

I noticed in this pic that the radio knobs are not correct....

View attachment 111991

I have a pretty nice set of the proper ones if you wanted....would include another headlight switch knob and lighter...

older pic but I also have the headlight switch knob as well.

View attachment 111992

shoot me a PM if interested.

Hey i just saw this tonight. Sure i would be interested if price is reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor