79 Cutlass Wagon G-machine build

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
can't wait to see the finished product, as you've got a good idea of what you want it to do, and the direction to do it in! looks like you're creating some mad skills along the way!

love the idea of the fender vents, and the newer handles! :wink:

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
Thanks guys. It's gonna be a fun ride as this all plays out.

Blake 442- if you have a spare header and don't use it, I desperately need some grille inserts, mine are hammerd. I haven't had any luck trying to find replacements.

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Yeah, and I love what your doin with the handles, I thought about doing that, so it'll be nice to actually see it first, because if ya shave the handles you gotta do way more work lol, like have battery terminals that u can get at in the event of a dead battery lol.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
That's one wagon i would love to cruise! keep up the nice work!

azwagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 1, 2011
Mesa, AZ
First love the wagon it is sick. But i am really interested in the brake upgrade. Do you have the s10 forum with the build? Also, you had the 12" rotors milled to fit stock g-body spindles? This is the easiest front brake build i have ever seen. Thanks!

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Ben, very cool build! You've got a real talent for this stuff. Keep up the good work man!

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
azwagon- You have to have the stock G-body rotor milled down to a hub, i.e. have the area that the brake pad contacts the rotor cut off so all that is left is a hub with the studs and bearings. Hope that makes sense. The F-body rotor is a drop off rather than bolt on style so after you have a hub from your factory rotor it slips right on. Caution, this swap typically only works with 17" or larger wheels. The pre '98 12" f-body rotors and B body or second gen Camaro calipers and spindles will allow for 15" + wheels and is great idea, but you need those spendy off set control arms to compensate for the extra spindle height and they're outta my budget.

I'll try to track down a link to the LS1 brake upgrade in the next coupla days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor