1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

79 Cutlass Wagon G-machine build

Discussion in 'Photos, Videos, etc.' started by SRD art, Jun 16, 2011.

1. SRD art

SRD art Master Mechanic

Yeah this isn't really a simple bolt on. Both my son and I have run 275s all around without issues, 5-5.25" of Backspace on 9.5" wheels works great. These tires are about 1.5" wider on a 1" wider rim makes it tight!

• Like Like x 1
  2. CaliWagon83

CaliWagon83 Apprentice
    Silver

What brand and style were those 5-spoke alloys you had on it earlier in the build?

3. SRD art

SRD art Master Mechanic

MB Old School, 17x9.5 with 5.5" BS. I got the local Discount Tire to price match them from www.discountiredirect.com , so I got them locally and at a better price. With that much bs they barely touched the frame rails out back with a 275-40 tire. Without the frame notch I used a 1" spacer and had to roll the fender lip up, 3/4" would've been better. With a frame notch I ran them without spacers. On the front I had my rotors cut down to hubs, then the thickness of '98-02 Camaro rotors plus a 10 mm spacer and they barely rubbed at full lock on the back side of the lower control arms with a 275 tire. They also make them in a 17x8 but that's a bit tight for a 275, great for a 245-45. 255-40 looks a little short unless it's fairly lowered.

• Useful Useful x 1