79 El Camino lowered 3" finally done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks brother

Wow, the paint, the wheels, and the tires... That is one mean looking car. Looks good! 8)

If you have to rev it up to get it to go it could be a vaccuum module if your equiped with 1 check that vaccuum lines are connected. Be at the rear of your intake right behind carb ... and check right side rear of transmission I believe. Course theres the possibility that the transmission is just on its way out. Had a 200 metric act like that for a while once...

Is it leaking from the pan, front seal or rear seal? three most common, could be pump seal and dipstick but usually rule them out.

looks nice what did you use for the drop?

Haha, the transmission is leaking from everywhere, pan, front and rear seal, cooler lines, she'll be be getting a 200 4r here soon. I used OPGI 3" springs for the drop. I am having an issue, I'm thinking it might be multiple things, but I have too much negative camber up front. I do know the ball joints need replacing, and I haven't gotten an alignment yet, but I'm wondering if there is anything else needing to be done before I tear it apart again to remedy the camber issue. I'm going to pull the front end apart again and take the A -arms in to get new bushings and ball joints, replace inner and outer tie rods, centerlink, idler arm. The only reason I didn't do it when it was apart was because I was moving and my lease was up so I didn't have time. Anyway, if you guys can think of any other reason why my camber would be so off, let me know. thanks

you have full length headers ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor