79 El Camino lowered 3" finally done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I do. Why?

do they scrap bad

Nah man, I have plenty of clearance when driving normal, speed bumps are another story haha. It's not too bad overall, been driving it everyday since I finished it, and I've only scraped once.

that looks nice sitting that low....how much clearance do you have between the lower control arm and the frame?...there isn't much in a G body to begin with. For the camber issue you'll most likely need longer upper control arms, the stock length is 8". You could also run tall spindles which may give you the camber settings you want with the stock upper.

deerhunter said:
Nah man, I have plenty of clearance when driving normal, speed bumps are another story haha. It's not too bad overall, been driving it everyday since I finished it, and I've only scraped once.
oh ok..wonder wats the biggest tire you could put on it

Couldn't tell you, bro. How big are you wanting to go? I have 225 70 14s on now, and I have plenty of clearance. Pontiacgp, I'm wondering about when I get it aligned, if they will be able to throw some shims at her to help my camber issue... just a thought, I don't imagine they can put that many on though.

adding shims will increase the negative camber...but I think you mean it has too much positive camber right now cause with a shorter spring the uppers would be sitting higher which would push the top of the wheel out...

not sure but maybe 17's

deerhunter said:
no the top of the wheel is pushed in towards the frame. I dunno, maybe I'll just have to live with it. thanks man

That's strange...I have my front lowered about 1.5" and am running tall spindles with tall lower ball joints and I cut my uppers 1", down to 7" so I can get the camber settings I like...I run mine at 1* negative

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor