79 Malibu 5.3 swap has officially BEGUN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
My apologies for the glare on this one i was in a rush. Il get some better ones win the snow clears up
5.3incar.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
Looks good sitting in there. And sometimes converters are unwilling to seat easily, that's why it's so important to know that it is seated rather than assume it is if you can't get it any farther.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Looks good sitting in there. And sometimes converters are unwilling to seat easily, that's why it's so important to know that it is seated rather than assume it is if you can't get it any farther.
I worked at it for awhile. Ive never used a new converter before only used ones and they always just clunk, clunk, clunk and bam good to go where as this one took like 10 minutes of spinning around but im sure it did drop in im just paranoid. I guess i wont be heart broke if the trans goes out cuz of it but at the same time i dont wanna spend money if i dont have too LOL

truracer20

Master Mechanic
Feb 16, 2014
western PA
Best way to know for sure is once the transmission is bolted to the block you should be able to slide the converter away from the flexplate.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Best way to know for sure is once the transmission is bolted to the block you should be able to slide the converter away from the flexplate.
Thats right I forgot about that. Il have to get that look before I bolt everything down

onesickGSX

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 10, 2014
PA
Nice progress Jacob! It's gonna be sick...

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Thanks for the feedback guys!! It means alot! Sorry I haven't updated in awhile il try too tonite

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor