79' Malibu Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the column is from an 83' Cutlass, the wiper stalk is a non cruise non intermittant stalk that I bought on eBay. Same basic one you twist on. Since the Malibu originally had wipers on the dash, we cut the wires that plugged into the connector. Also, since the Cutlass had a stalk with wipers, we needed a connector. I had bought an 87' Monte wiring harness because I was originally going to go with intermittant wipers, but it just wasn't worth all the hassle. Since the Cutlass had wipers on the column, there is another male connector on the base of the column. The wiper switch from the column had the same colors as the Malibu. Since I wanted a way to take it off incase I had to drop the column, we used the connector from the Monte's harness. The colors weren't the same but there was 4 pins in the right spots with an extra pin. Cut the extra wire off, and spliced them up. Here's a picture for you incase you didn't get my terrible explanation

Also in my original post I forgot to mention that I am doing a 3rd gen F-body serpentine setup swap, along with a Mark VIII fan controlled by a Derale controller on the low speed, and then a manual switch for the high speed.

As of now we're letting the carpet sit in the car for a couple of days and then going to start trimming it while I clean and paint the center console.

Attachments

• DSC01957.JPG
    DSC01957.JPG
    534.6 KB · Views: 4,474
Thanks the picture helped a lot I’m doing the same thing I was about cut a spot in the cluster for the switch. I’m using a dash out of a 87 Monte Carlo, and the steering wheel from the same car. In my 79 Malibu

Sounds good! Got a link to a thread or any pictures?

Smal update, found my radio bezel in my cluster of a room. Thank god, I was about to shell out $70 for the same exact one on eBay.

Yes. I will post some pictures later but I don’t want to still your thread. Also where did you order your carpet?

I ordered the carpet from www.dixiemontecarlo.com , but I beleive all of the G-body part stores carry the same brand. Same thing with the headliner and visors. My dad bought a headliner and visor set for his 442 through Mikes Montes and it was the same as Dixie. There may be a price variance not really sure. I figured I'm ordering all this stuff from them might as well throw that on the tab.

For 19, you and your helper (dad I guess) are doing one hell of a bang up job! Looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor