mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Won't work, only G-Body 8.5"s swap in.

zerex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2006
Yah it's not listed as a swap candidate on any website. I would bet all the mounts are either in the wrong place or wrong angle. I would bet wrong place or someone would make arms to fix the angle problem (for example the arms to fit a 12 bolt out of earlier g-body/A-body).

let us know what you find out though. What type of B-body did you find it in? I would guess a Cop Car Caprice? Since all the B-bodies I have seen have had 7.5" 10 bolts but havn't had a chance to see what a caprice with police package had.

elementoleflows

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2006
will a rear end out of a 3rd gen f-body camaro bolt up without a problem? or will i need to change or modify anything?

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Nope; only G-Body rear axle assemblies swap.

elementoleflows

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 18, 2006
what car out of the g body family has the best or easyer to find rearend with good gearing and strong enough to hold with a built 350

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
elementoleflows said:
what car out of the g body family has the best or easyer to find rearend with good gearing and strong enough to hold with a built 350
use a locker they will help any 7.5 rear.

steve 86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 23, 2006
hamden ct.
its a spring loaded coupler that you put where thespider gears are,the force of the rear spinning locks the axles together......it kinda looks like a spool when installed. its kind of hard to explain without showing.
it does unlock when you turn and sometimes make a clicking sound, but hey,its worth it for the result of an absolute positive posi.
if you use 85/140 it keeps it pretty quiet(when turning). it doesnt make any noise usually.
did i mention you can only use them in an open rear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor