80 el Camino header panel swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

80elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 23, 2019
So I have an 80 el Camino and I don’t really like the look of the marker lights on the side and the grills are too hard to find so I wanted to change the front end. I was wondering what my options were. Will a 1980 Monte Carlo header panel fit. Or can I swap header panels with a later model el Camino?

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Depending on your state laws about lights. You could probably use any Gbody Elco header. I just finished installing my Choo Choo nose on my 79. Right now I’m wiring up the 4 headlight system. I’m in Pa. where they’re strict about lights. If it came with them it better have them. I cut bowties out of the sides of my nose and installed 81-87 Silverado marker lights on the inside.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
1980 Monte Carlo will not fit without the change to the front fenders and doors. Even then there is some work to make it happen. The 82-87 Malibu/El Camino header should work but you will not have the side marker lights in the fenders. Where are you located? I have a pair of 82-87 fenders and a header panel that needs repair in Buffalo NY.

80elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 23, 2019
1980 Monte Carlo will not fit without the change to the front fenders and doors. Even then there is some work to make it happen. The 82-87 Malibu/El Camino header should work but you will not have the side marker lights in the fenders. Where are you located? I have a pair of 82-87 fenders and a header panel that needs repair in Buffalo NY.
So you’re saying that I can use a header from an 82-87 Malibu or el Camino and I won’t have to replace the fenders? And I’m located in ND.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
As said, if your state doesn’t care about eliminating the side marker lights. You don’t need to relace the fenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor