BUILD THREAD 81 Buick/Olds Turbo Wagon 02/15/2024 More Parts!

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Hey Jim, here's some pictures of the Olds wheel wells for you.
You'll have to forgive me for not blowing the dust off... :)
I forgot to snap pictures of the lower extension at the front, as well as the small cap that goes at the rear...
If you'd like I can get some of those thursday when I head out to work on it next.
Hope these help in the meantime...

WP_001137.jpg WP_001136.jpg WP_001138.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Blake, actually those are perfect! Thank you. I have to modify the Pontiac wheel wells at the wheel lip area to bolt to the wheel well opening. I see the original olds ones go behind the fender lip, instead of on it like the Pontiac. I have to trim off a good bit of material and make some "adjustments"

You are the man thank you. Side note, have you run across any rear wheel well trim?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
No problem!
To be honest, I stopped looking for the wheel well moldings a while ago...
I figured that I'd spend just as much money getting decent replacements as I would buying all the gear to straighten and polish them myself, so that's what I'm going to do. Plus then I can do some work on the side as well.
I'll bring my drill with me next time I head to the yard and get some if you're still in need. Probably won't be for a month or two...

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Blake, I am still in need. I have the fronts, and my plan is to black them out to go with the paint scheme. I haven't had any wagons in my 2 local pick-a-parts in a while. So if you see any...

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Some more progress, haven't taken pictures yet.

I fabricated the bracket for the underhood fuse panel, got the DS wheel well modified and mounted to the fender. It fits good and I am pleased. I also fabricated the mount for the power steering reservoir. I didn't have a factory 86-7 Turbo Buick reservoir, so I found a nice unit that is bigger and has baffling and filtering, from a Ford:eek:. I have to order some 5/8" return hose to tie it to the power steering pump.

Tonight I hope to modify the cruise control servo bracket to fit, then maybe fabricate the bracket to hold the charcoal canister and the vacuum reservoir under the front of the drivers side inner wheel well.

Last edited:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I'll get some pics here soon. Everything I have been working on is small brackets and cutting, welding, grinding and painting. I figured I would snap some pics of the brackets and sh*t then a pic of the trial fit on the car.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I know, I'm just giving you sh*t... :mrgreen:
But seriously, though...
Ok, here are a few random pictures. I fabricated a cover for the CnP adapter on the ignition module. Dusted it with some semi flat black to match the other stuff. Used SS hardware with mylar washers to hold it down.

IMG_20150410_120817.jpg

I have some pictures to take of the other brackets I have been making. But I also had some repairs to do on the aluminum radiator support. My aluminum TIG welding is a bit rough on this thin stuff, but it will clean up well and be strong.

IMG_20150412_211450.jpg
IMG_20150412_211506.jpg IMG_20150412_211525.jpg
Tonight I'll get to work on the fenders again if I have some time after welding the rest of the radiator support.

Last edited:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Managed to get the aluminum radiator support all welded up last night. Just have to drop it off to powder coat. That thing needed about 25 new spot welds. Pics later since I didn't take any last night.
I also received my new AC condenser today.
IMG_20150414_082043.jpg IMG_20150414_082050.jpg IMG_20150414_082114.jpg

This is a much better unit than the stocker. I'll be buying new AC lines with double barrier hose, and a new compressor.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor