Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Blake442 said:
81cutlass said:
Going to be taking the trip to the big G yard in Willmar MN in a few weeks or so. Going to be hunting for some better looking/cleaner interior stuff. The interior thats in it stinks (literally). Not to mention the seats are flat, and the carpet was spray painted black.

Heading out to Rohner's eh? I love that place. I've been meaning to make another run out there as soon as I have the extra funds to allow it.
LOTS of Cutlass's there... Though I don't know if you'll even be able to get into a lot of them since they're stacked so tightly together. Also, unfortunately a lot of them have been exposed through either open or broken windows, so it's a gamble if you'll find any "nice" interior parts...

Still should be worth the trip. This thing really needs a rear sway bar so Ill have to pick one of those up and try to locate some better springs too. Should I bring a ladder or some kind of hedge clippers? I know a few of the yards I have been to are completely overgrown.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Its washed now! Got the inch of dirt off of it. I havnt decided to keep the chrome rocker trim or not. I have to reverse the tires though. Those white walls are ugly. Not to mention I think the tires are from the late 80's. They have good tread on them but are starting to crack.
picture328.jpg

picture329.jpg

picture330.jpg

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
81cutlass said:
Those white walls are ugly. Not to mention I think the tires are from the late 80's. They have good tread on them but are starting to crack.

Ditch the tires; they are an accident waiting to happen. Cracked tires can and will blowout when exposed to the heat of driving and the sidewall flex of going around corners.

Otherwise the car looks real nice !!

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
axisg said:
81cutlass said:
Those white walls are ugly. Not to mention I think the tires are from the late 80's. They have good tread on them but are starting to crack.

Ditch the tires; they are an accident waiting to happen. Cracked tires can and will blowout when exposed to the heat of driving and the sidewall flex of going around corners.

Otherwise the car looks real nice !!

I had a problem with one of mine where a chunk of tread came off and caused a nice vibration on the highway. Luckily I caught it before it got any worse.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Looks like it cleaned up pretty good!

My Cutlass Cruiser had been sitting for 7 years when I got it, and after we rolled it around a bit, one of the tires peeled itself apart while it was just sitting in the shop.

Get 'em replaced before you drive it anywhere.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Tires/rims were the next thing I was planning to replace after seats. I was thinking either snowflakes or 15" ralleys. If love a set of AR vectors on it too but I dont think Ive ever seen a set of those cheep. Really hate to spend any money on tires for a 14" rim. Not to mention there is not a lot for a 14" rim out there. Its got 215/75/R14's on it. Ohh its fun to be broke! :) :)

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
I've got two 15x8.5" Vectors I'd let you have for $100.
One of them has some pin hole leaks in the hoop. Run a tube and it'll be fine.

They'd go nicely on the rear if paired with a 15x7 set for the front.

3895230045_large.jpg

3895230046_large.jpg

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Tempting! Now only If I knew where some 15X7's were. These are the G bolt pattern right? I read somewhere that all the AR rims had a bigger spacing or something like that.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Yeah, they're the correct 5 x 4.75 pattern.
I have the other two that I'll be using for slicks for my 442.
A 255/60R15 tire would be perfect. A 275/60R15 will fit also, but that's more tire than you need to be honest.

Try finding somebody selling some from a Turbo Buick for the fronts, since they're essentially the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor