81 LeMans , body mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donagain

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2017
I would prefer buckets but this pic is representative of the condition of the original interior so no hurry to replace.

tdvick

Master Mechanic
Jun 25, 2010
Elk River, Mn.
That’s a fantastic car! Would be perfect with a Pontiac motor in it, but I know that’s not too common. I’m not sure why, but it seems most ‘81s were sent to Canada. I would love to find one of these front bumper assemblies for my car, but most seem to be in Canada.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That is one sweet '81 Lemans. One of the nicer ones that I've seen in awhile.
Great score.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Donagain

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2017
That’s a fantastic car! Would be perfect with a Pontiac motor in it, but I know that’s not too common. I’m not sure why, but it seems most ‘81s were sent to Canada. I would love to find one of these front bumper assemblies for my car, but most seem to be in Canada.
Thank you and it was actually built in Oshawa Ontario ,Canada.

Donagain

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2017
Does anyone know where l can find front wheels that match. These are six inch l need wider ones. I looked around online and they appear to be called chrome soft eights . I can only find black ones. Or are they too old to match . Sorry if it’s a stupid question. I have this car because I’m sentimental not knowledgeable.

Attachments

• 6EA60992-242B-473F-A26E-44B93F5CC8CB.jpeg
    6EA60992-242B-473F-A26E-44B93F5CC8CB.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 147

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Are the rims on the car 15" diameter on all 4 corners? What size are the rims on the rear of the car? What size are the tires that you're running on the car? Do you want to keep the same style of rim on all 4 corners?

Donagain

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 3, 2017
Are the rims on the car 15" diameter on all 4 corners? What size are the rims on the rear of the car? What size are the tires that you're running on the car? Do you want to keep the same style of rim on all 4 corners?
They are 15” and I just want to replace the front ones . The guy l bought it from has front tires 6” wide and l think 12” on the back . Right now It’s winter stored so l can’t check. Online l found Cragar soft eights in chrome with the right bolt pattern but l could only find one wheel. Other manufacturers make soft eights but they are hard to find . I need front tires 8 or 10 inches wide . I am not sure. An opinion on that would be helpful . I put a new 350 in last summer so my budget is stretched this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor